This is a Bonus Episode which is fancy talk for “The dogs ate the shownotes so we can’t do our normal episode so we totally wung this”.
Is wung a word? Winged?
In this episode we discuss Gaming at Conventions. Well, that and a LOT of just banter. (This is what we’re like when we are just hanging out but this time happened to have a mic capturing it all. And only Josh had been drinking! Also, the dog did actually chew through Meg’s headphone cord so the whole experience was fairly surreal and much less organized.)
NEWS ITEM: Brilliant Gameologists chosen to lead GenCon seminars
PROMO: (A real one!) Gamers in the Press- Blogs, Podcasts, and Print Seminars (http://www.pulpgamer.com/gencon/)
Games we played at JiffyCon:
- It’s Complicated
- Story/ Pass-the-stick game where everyone has an internal struggle and some visible manifestation.
- Old-school. Terrible system but Zeke had a ton of fun regardless.
- Caper: A Game of Pros and Cons
- Pull off a criminal caper. Josh’s group tried to steal Jerry Seinfield’s cars.
- Misspent Youth
- Meg’s dream game. Dystopian young-adult type scenarios. Game involves building the world. The Ashcan version will be available at GenCon at the Play Collective booth. The early non-official review gives this a 3 on our scale.
- Red Sky A.M.
- Play Space Marines and their loved-ones back home.
The Gameologists will help organize JiffyCon Lowell– November 8, 2008 @ Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA.
Other stuff from this Train-Wreck:
Wrong Hole Montage
Independent Insurgency Podcast from Rob Bohl
Discuss this episode on our message boards!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (105.9MB)