Each time we record, we watch a video or find a picture to get us in the mood for the episode. It doesn’t always have anything to do with the episode, but frames our minds, so we’re going to share so you can be appropriately framed as well.
- Aww! This dog wants to catch the squirrel of his dreams so badly!
- Do you remember the Watchmen Saturday Morning Cartoon?
- We retold our Writer’s Retreat in Las Vegas stories. Funnier than any link we could follow.
- We went to Jiffycon
- Josh went to Unclemonsterface
- We are going to Icon
- We went to Las Vegas on a writers retreat
- Strippers are cool, some of them are from Hawaii
- Meg went to St Louis
- People from St Louis are surly
- Bearswarm Rob is cool
- Luke is awesome (and an awesome doctor)
- Adam is a wholly owned subsidiary of Melina Enterprises
- Adams Dad is cool
- Lap Children
- Meg is too much of a pussy to describe Serenity on mic.
- And is really nice in describing the Serenity adventure
- Zeke is now forbidden to drink during the podcast (that’s what that noise is).
1 – Criticize someone while talking to them
“if you weren’t so lazy or stupid we wouldn’t have these problems.”
criticizing, blame, judgments, put downs, diagnoses
2 – Deny responsibility
Putting responsibility on some thing else (a person thing or institution)
“Daddy and I are splitting up because you cry”
take responsibility for your own actions
3 – Use words that imply evaluation not observation
“I feel raped”
I statements are shit
attacked, blamed, criticized, insulted, isolated
4 – Fail at active listening
No autobiographical statements – don’t “one up” them
“You think you have it bad…”
No inquisitive questions – don’t interrogate them
”really? How far up the ass?”
5 – Try to solve their problems
“What you need to do is grow a beard”
this is “problem solving” not “actually solving problems”
The Diminutive Nick Name – Try these out in your next conversation
Ace, Boss, Champ, Chief, Junior, Kiddo, Scooter, Skipper, Slick, Slugger, Sparky, Sport, Tiger
Babe, Cupcake, Cutie, Darlin’, Dollface, Hotlips, Princess, Pumpkin, Shorty, Sugar, Sweetheart, Toots
Ideas from the episode:
- what about the quiet and timid? The passive wallflower is just as bad as the aggressive asshole, maybe worse
Last week’s answer is revealed! Which one of us was a nerd because of Star Trek?
This week’s question: Which one of us kept rats as pets?
- We put show updates and random goodies on Meg’s Twitter, Josh’s Twitter and Zeke’s Twitter.
- Join our Facebook Group!
- Check out Meg’s Facebook Page!
- Email us at GM@BrilliantGameologists.com
Warning: This episode is tagged Explicit. It is intended for adult audiences.