Happy Election Day!
Only a couple of days!
JiffyCon is this Saturday!! Enjoy new, indie games and play with the Gameologists! www.jiffycon.com
Each time we record, we watch a video or find a picture to get us in the mood for the episode. It doesn’t always have anything to do with the episode, but frames our minds, so we’re going to share so you can be appropriately framed as well.
We’ve been watching a lot of Saturday Night Live clips…
Dudes playing chicks/ Playing something you ain’t:
- Don’t be a douche
- Be Sensitive
- Just be the character
- Don’t have it be the only interesting aspect of the character
- Don’t constantly talk about being a _____
- Sex is not the only decision a girl makes
Playing a girl- something different:
- Old Lady
- Historical game stereotype
- Intrepid Girl Reporter
- Empty Nester
Other things you ain’t:
- Gays/ Straights
- Philosophically or ethically different
- The “Other”
Getting Into Character:
- Stanislavski’s System
- What is your character’s goal?
- Aspects of the character?
- Use your memory “bag”
- Change your voice:
- Speed/ Pacing
- After we recorded and called Mickey etc. out for not putting out a show, they went and did. So yes, there is a more recent episode now.
We put show updates and random goodies on Meg’s Twitter. Don’t miss out!
Email us at GM@BrilliantGameologists.com
Warning: This episode is tagged Explicit and is Not Work Safe. It is intended for adult audiences.