Each time we record, we watch a video or find a picture to get us in the mood for the episode. It doesn’t always have anything to do with the episode, but frames our minds, so we’re going to share so you can be appropriately framed as well.
- TV character that would suck to play with
Douchebag of the Week:
- The Secret Keeper
4 Steps in the 12 step Healing Process
Strategies for healing a diseased group, or to build cohesion in an already healthy group
1. Choosing the Right Game
- D&D 4th Edition
- Spirit of the Century
- Dogs in the Vineyard
- Bad Choice: Burning Wheel
The 4 roles in D&D 4e compared with the 4 Ninja Turtles:
- Leader: Leonardo
- Controller: Donatello
- Defender: Michelangelo
2. Making a Cohesive Character
- Force a backstory
- No secrets
- Plug: Misspent Youth
3. Running the Game so everyone plays nicely
- DM= Part Facilitator, part Antagonist
- DMPC’s- usually bad, but if you’re gonna, do it right
- Take time to practice the mechanics so everyone can fight together before it comes up for real
4. Playing the Game so everyone gets along
- Buddy System
- Appropriate Behavior
- Why are we together?
- Think Win-Win
1. Reminder: The Brilliant Gameologists are leading 3 seminars at GenCon! If you’re going, you won’t want to miss it.
2. We are slowly but surely joining the full ranks of Web 2.0. Check out Meg’s Twitter.
Warning: This episode is tagged Explicit and is Not Work Safe. It is intended for adult audiences.