This episode, like all of our episodes, is “Not Safe For Work.” Use headphones or at least look around a bit to see if your co-workers can hear.
Episode Subtitle: We’re swollen with hubris
This episode is a Diplomacy Episode, those which focus on getting along better with your fellow players, GM, and friends.
- “It’s Someone Else’s problem, I’m the innocent bystander.” (Unblamable)
- “You know what we should do – X, You know what we should do – X,You know what we should do – X…” (Harping)
- “You’re too slow. You aren’t playing right. Dumbass.” (Ad honimum attacks)
- “You guys all go do that thing I’m doing something else” – (Not me’ing)
- “And then what does the taven keeper say? What are all of the 20 stores in this wing of the mall? Describe what every member of the wedding party has on.” (Blocking)
- “It’s what my character would do. I’m bored, I shoot his character in the face.”(Griefing)
- “Are we there yet? How long does this take? when is my turn? I never get to go.” (Whinging)
- “No(period)” (No)
- Know the game and use the game
- Consider saying yes to things
- Be in the game, Don’t play before you play
- Have Goals: Player and character
- Have fun playing
- Play with the other players
- Leave a comment here for this episode
- Visit the thread about this post on our boards: Brilliantgameologists.com/boards
- Email the 3 of us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or individually: Meg, Josh or Zeke at brilliantgameologists.com)
- Twitter: @bg_meg, @bg_josh, @bg_zeke or our news feed, @bg_podcast
- Visit our Facebook page: facebook.com/brililantgameologists
- Call us and leave a message (click to see message suggestions) (206) 424-4751
- Say hi in person- check out the schedule of where we’ll be appearing under the News Category of our website.