This episode was recorded live on November 22, 2009 on ustream. It is completely unedited except for calling out our intermission and had over 50 people viewing. There were people in the chatroom contributing ideas as well.
- Sasha- Zeke’s long distance BFF and host of Den of Iniquity
- 8-bit Porn: WFT Did I Just Watch?. Don’t watch it.
- The time-management masters at the Podgecast
- @BigHeadZach from HeadGames Podcast
- Mike Selinker– Rocker of the Bolo!
- Meg is thankful for podcasts who paved the way:
- Josh is thankful for new, awesome games
- Zeke is thankful for social networking
- Not trying new
- Sometimes good and inspiring
- NaNoWriMo: National November Writing Month
- It doesn’t need to be perfect, just do it.
We’re Not Lazy!
We’ve been busy- just not putting out shows. Going to cons (see our “appearance schedule”!)
Time Saving Techniques
- Make an outline or to-do list for your game
- Cut out distractions
- 10-2 Method- 10 minutes of straight work, then 2 minutes for scheduled goof-off time
- Eat first. Schedule Pee.
- Schedule your big rocks first
- Plan with a focus group, not everyone
- Don’t reinvent the wheel
- Perfect is the enemy of done
- Doing things right or Doing the right things?
- Replace the word “time” with “money” when talking about management
- Replace with Lubricant- too much and too little are both uncomfortable
- Don’t delegate- empower
- Steal with both hands
Worth the Time
- Learning a new system
- Know your character
Not worth the time
- Reading the entire book
- Detailed Maps!
- Don’t learn every rule- at first
- Crafting tons of NPC’s
- We put show updates and random goodies on Meg’s Twitter, Josh’s Twitter and Zeke’s Twitter.
- Join our Facebook Group!
- Check out Meg’s Facebook Page!
- Email us at GM@BrilliantGameologists.com
Warning: This episode is tagged Explicit. It is intended for adult audiences.