http://brilliantgameologists.com
May 28, 2017, 11:57:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [3.5e] Warrior classes redone  (Read 6119 times)
SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

Magmar, the ultimate butthead

igtsigma
« on: October 14, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »

Warriors

Class Feats
• 3 feats +1 feat per level instead of normal class abilities
• Feats for each level and lower may be gained or swapped out depending on requirements met

BARBARIAN

Pure Muscle (Ex): The character adds their Base Attack Bonus as a racial bonus to Strength, and every even point of Base Attack Bonus as a racial bonus to Constitution.
Ability score adjustments from this ability do not stack with racial and enhancement bonuses.

Tremorsense (Ex): Level 3+. Distance is +60 feet each time this ability is taken.

Damage Reduction (Ex): Reduce damage taken from non-energy sources by an amount equal to half the character's level, rounded down. If a weakness to magic weapons or single alignment is added, increase the DR by 5 to a maximum value equal to the character's level.

Battle Spirit (Ex): Maneuver (Stance). This feat grants two stances, either of which is active as long as the character is conscious and spends a Swift action at the beginning of each round. Each stance activation lasts until the beginning of the next round and only one stance may be used in any given round.
Calm Stance: Gain +1 Competence bonus to AC and Reflex saves, and +2 Spot and Listen checks, for every 5 levels (levels 1, 6, 11, and 16).
Rage Stance: Gain +2 Competence bonus to attacks and damage, and reduce all damage taken by 2, for every 5 levels.

Wallbreaker (Ex): Level 5+. The character may shatter any section of a barrier with a single melee attack, destroying a section as large as the space a character takes up. The Strength DC to do so is the Open Stuck Doors DC -4. Barriers created by magical effects use the DC of the effect.

Greater Battle Spirit (Ex): BAB 11+. Add the following benefits to Battle Spirit stances;
Calm Stance: Gain Fast Healing +1 for every 5 levels, and can not be flanked.
Rage Stance: Immune to Mind-Affecting effects and Precision damage.

Fast Healing (Ex): Level 3, Constitution 19+. Heal 1 HP at the end of every 10 rounds. At level 6 increase the healing to 1 HP every round. Gaining this ability again increases the healing amount by 1 each time.

Regeneration (Ex): Level 8, Fast Healing 3, Constitution 23+. Convert all damage to nonlethal except from fire or acid. Limbs may be reattached or grow back after 3d6 minutes.

Scent (Ex): Survival 4 ranks.

Blood Purge (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). By spending HP on the character's turn they may remove hostile status conditions, one at a time.
-5 hp:
1 point of Ability Damage
Dazed
Fatigued
Sickened
-10 hp:
Exhausted
Nauseated
Poisoned
Stunned
-20 hp:
1 Negative Level
Blinded
Deafened
Diseased

FIGHTER

Power Attack (Ex): STR 13+ or CON 13+. BAB 1+. For each limb used on a melee or thrown weapon, add +1 more damage of the same physical type for every odd point of Base Attack. Taking this ability again increases the damage. This ability may not be taken more than once every odd level.

Stunning Strike (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). DEX 13+ or WIS 13+. By spending a Swift Action, until the end of the round each critical hit confirmed by the character within 60 feet may cause Stun to the target for no more than 1 round. The Swift action may be spent after attack roll is made.

Cleave (Ex): Maneuver (Strike). STR 13+. Whenever one of your melee attack actions hit you may spend a Swift action to attack again.

Great Cleave (Ex): Maneuver (Strike). Cleave, STR 15+. Whenever one of your melee attack actions hit you may spend a Swift action to deal an equal amount of damage to all opponents within reach that have equal or lesser AC.

Weapon Specialization (Ex): BAB 4+. For a single attack in each round all damage for one type of weapon is maximized. At BAB 12+, all damage for that type of weapon is maximized.

Perfect Strike (Ex): Maneuver (Strike). BAB 8+. Instead of making a Full Attack for the round, one attack is made that doesn't miss (still roll for concealment) and deals maximum and double damage. If more than one weapon is held, add the damage for both as if a single weapon. Roll for critical regardless. At BAB 16+ the attack doesn't miss, ignores concealment, hits incorporeal targets, and deals maximum and triple damage.

Whirlwind Attack (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). BAB 6+. By spending a Swift action, all further melee attacks made in the same round consider any or all opponents within reach as a single target. Use the highest AC of all opponents involved, +1 for each other opponent included. If any attack hits this adjusted AC, all opponents involved are hit for the same damage. The Swift action may be spent after attack roll is made.

Kinetic Force (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). BAB 4+. By spending a Swift action, all further melee attacks made in the same round gain +5 feet reach for every point of BAB. Damage dealt becomes Force type.

Lunge (Ex): STR 15+ or DEX 15+. BAB 6+. Add half the character's land movement distance to their reach. By spending a Swift action after one of the character's melee attack actions is resolved, the character may move in to the targeted space.

Intercepting Charge (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). BAB 11+. The character may Run in a straight line and make a Full Attack action as a Charge.

Penetrating Jab (Ex): BAB 6+. By spending a Move action the character ignores DR for 1 round against a single target or group. If the target is within Medium range they may be attacked once in the same round by a single melee touch attack at range.

Cut Space (Ex): BAB 6+. By spending a Move action the character may Teleport up to a Medium distance with up to a Heavy load carried.
At BAB 9+ the character may Teleport up to 1 mile per BAB to any familiar location or within line of sight.
At BAB 14+ the character may Teleport to a familiar location at any distance.

Sonic Barrier (Ex): BAB 6+. By spending a Move action the character grants full cover to their self and all allies within reach for 1 round. All enemies within the same distance are denied cover for 1 round.

RANGER

Multiweapon (Ex): By taking a -4 penalty to all attacks made in the round, the character gains one extra attack with a secondary limb for each attack granted by high Base Attack Bonus in a Full Attack action. Additional limbs beyond a single secondary limb are granted only one attack each. Each limb holding a light weapon reduces its attack roll penalty by 2. Alternately the character may add two or more weapon damage totals together as if a single weapon at any time they take a -4 penalty and either make an Attack of Opportunity or spend a Swift action before attacking, but not as an extra attack granted by the Multiweapon feat.

Favored Enemy (Ex): As the Ranger ability, but any selected type may be re-chosen after training for a season (12 weeks) cumulative time. Subtypes need not be chosen, but if such a focus is selected twice, double all bonuses applied. Physical attacks made against favored enemies deal an extra 1d6 Precision damage (or 1d6+3 against a specific subtype).

Hide in Plain Sight (Su): Maneuver (Boost). Hide 15 ranks. By spending a Swift action, the character may gain total concealment and become Invisible as the spell for 1 round, as long as no aggressive action is made.

Woodland Stride (Su): As the Ranger ability, but the character also gains +30 Enhancement bonus to movement of any type while in natural environments.

Impale (Ex): Each time a critical is scored by the character with a Piercing weapon the target is Slowed until they spend a Move action and lose 5 HP, removing the impaling weapon. The Piercing weapon may not be used while Slow condition is applied to the target in this way but may be regained at the end of the round once the weapon is removed.

ROGUE

Sneak Attack (Ex): DEX 13+ or INT 13+. Whenever an opponent denied their Dodge bonus is hit with an attack within 60 feat you may add 1d6 Precision damage. Taking this ability again increases the Precision damage by 3 each time. This ability may not be taken more than once every odd level.

Mobility (Ex): DEX 13+. Each time the character takes a Move action they gain +4 Dodge bonus to AC until the beginning of the next round.

Reslayer (Ex): The character ignores critical hit immunity and Precision resistance of Undead beings.

Unmaker (Ex): The character ignores critical hit immunity and Precision resistance of Construct beings.

Trapsense (Ex): The character knows of the presence and direction of all traps and actively hostile intent from Construct beings within 60 feet.

Boomerang Trick (Ex): DEX 13+ or INT 13+, BAB 4+. Every weapon thrown by the character gains the Returning property (see the DMG section on weapon Special Abilities), and doubles its range increment.

Flashstep (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). DEX 13+, BAB 5+. The character may make a Move action as an Immediate Action, but lose the next Move action or 5-foot step they would be allowed to make later in the same round.

Wraith Strike (Su): Maneuver (Boost). WIS 13+ or CHA 13+, BAB 7+. By spending a Swift action the next attack made ignores Armor bonuses. The Swift action may be spent after attack roll is made.

Unseen Strike (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). STR 13+ or DEX 13+, BAB 5+. By spending a Swift action the next attack made ignores Dodge bonuses. The Swift action may be spent after attack roll is made. This does not make the target flat footed.

Death Strike (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). DEX 15+ or INT 15+, Level 11+. Every time a critical hit is confirmed, a Swift action may be spent. If so, a target hit by the critical must make a Fortitude save against the attack roll or become Nauseated for 1 round and take an additional +5 Precision damage per level.

Improved Flashstep (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). DEX 15+, BAB 10+. The character may make a Move action and a single attack as an Immediate Action, but lose the next Move action or 5-foot step they would be allowed to make later in the same round, as well as one attack action.

Quickness (Ex): DEX 15+, BAB 5+. The character is permanently Hasted as by the spell effect. These bonuses and extra action do not stack with the Haste spell.

Outmaneuver (Ex): Maneuver (Boost). DEX 13+, BAB 3+. By spending a Swift action, a single target within reach of the character is flat footed against your attacks until the beginning of the next round if they fail a Reflex save against DC 10 +1/2 level +DEX of the attacker.

Hide In Shadow (Ex): Hide 8 ranks. The character may make Hide checks while under concealment even without anything to hide behind.

UNIVERSAL

Master Grip (Ex): The character is considered one size larger for the purpose of wielding melee and thrown weapons. This feat may be taken no more than 1 +1 times every 5 levels (1, 6, 11, 16, etc).

Enhanced Weapon (Su): The character's melee, thrown, and ranged attacks and damage gain a +1 enhancement bonus and another +1 every 4 levels (5, 9, 13, and 17). At level 8 such attacks add the character's alignment(s) to the damage type. The character glows with light out to 20 foot radius while the enhancement bonus is active.

Enhancing Touch (Su): All magical weapons used by the character gain weapon Special Abilities from the DMG of a combined modifier value up to +1 bonus and another +1 every 4 levels (5, 9, 13, and 17). The abilities may be swapped out after each sleep period.

Improved Action (Ex): The character gains +1 Swift action in a round for every 5 levels (1, 6, 11, and 16). Spending 2 Swift actions allows a reroll on a failed save, while spending 3 Swift actions allows a reroll on a failed attack.

Deflect (Ex): Maneuver (Counter). STR 13+ or DEX 13+, BAB 2+. As a Swift, attack, or Immediate action (that takes one of your next attacks) when you would normally be hit with a physical attack, you may deflect it with a weapon, shield, or trained unarmed strike so that you take no damage from it.
Make an attack roll against the opponent's attack bonus + 10 (if using a shield then add its AC bonus to the roll) and if you win or tie then the attack is deflected. You must be aware of the attack and not flatfooted. Attempting to deflect an attack counts as Immediate Action, but deflecting additional attacks requires readied attack actions.
Ranged weapons larger than the character can't be deflected unless the character has at least 21 Strength
Ranged attacks (rays and magical objects) generated by spell effects can’t be deflected unless the character has Spell Resistance.

Improved Deflect (Ex): Deflect, BAB 6+. As Deflect but if the opposed attack roll wins the object can be caught and held by any free hand. If the attack is opposed by your roll by 10 or more, it can be retargeted within the same range. Multiple attacks in the same round coming from a single opponent or group of opponents may be deflected using one action per source.

Block (Ex): Maneuver (Counter). STR 13+ or CON 13+. As an Immediate action that takes one of the attack actions in the character's next turn, roll damage as normal for a melee attack. You reduce damage equal to the damage 'dealt' against all attacks and effects dealt to chosen targets within your reach, until the beginning of the next round. If multiple damage rolls are attempted use the highest total.

Spell Resistance (Ex): Level 3. Gain SR equal to 10 + CHA modifier + level.

Guardian (Ex): Opponents hit with melee attacks are denied Attacks of Opportunity and further movement for 1 round, and can not attack anyone other than the character for 1 round.
At level 6+, opponents hit may be forced to move back to their original position (or as close as possible) from the beginning of their move action.
At level 11+, opponents within reach of the character not attack anyone other than the character until the beginning of their next turn in which they are out of reach.
At level 16+, opponents hit with a confirmed critical by the character are Paralyzed until the beginning of their next turn.

MULTIFEATS

Archery (Ex): requires Point Blank Shot feat
BAB 1+: Precise Shot feat and Rapid Shot feat
BAB 6+: Manyshot feat
BAB 11+: Improved Precise Shot feat and Far Shot feat
BAB 16+: Storm of Throws feat [Epic] and Swarm of Arrows feat [Epic]

Antimagic (Ex):
BAB 1+: +2 Resistance bonus to all saves and AC against magic
BAB 6+: +5 Resistance bonus to all saves and AC against magic
BAB 11+: +10 Resistance bonus to all saves and AC against magic
BAB 16+: constant Antimagic Field effect with a range of Self (can be suppressed)

Multiweapon (Ex): (version 2)
BAB 1+: Two-Weapon Fighting feat and Multiweapon Fighting feat
BAB 6+: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat and Improved Multiweapon Fighting feat
BAB 11+: Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat and Greater Multiweapon Fighting feat
BAB 16+: Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting feat and Perfect Multiweapon Fighting feat
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:48:29 PM by SiggyDevil » Logged

SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 10:23:38 PM »

Tomorrow I'll sort these by class.

RobbyPants
Organ Grinder

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »

I'm assuming the +3 damage on Sneak Attack is to reduce rolling?  That works.

Power Attack is nice, but I figure any non-rogue will always take it.  I'm not saying it's broken or anything, but this will probably be the default choice for any two-hander or TWFer, and a lot of one-handers even.

For Deflect, shouldn't that take an immediate action and not a swift action?  That's just me being fussy, of course.

Block is really interesting.  It's a solid parry for a two-hander.  I guess a TWFer or a sword & board guy would prefer Deflect.

Cleave is nice in that you don't have to drop the guy.  Should cleave be made to hit a new target?  It makes the most sense given the name.  Great Cleave is certainly quick to resolve.

Weapon Specialization certainly seems more fun.

I'm confused by your wording of Mobility.  Do you mean that you get the bonus once you've taken your first movement that round, or what?

My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 05:24:02 PM »

1. Yes indeed. 10d6 per attack is ridiculous.

2. Just as any Wizard worth their salt will take Color Spray at level 1, certain niches must be filled.

3. Right. I'll get to that

4. Yes I suppose so

5. That's the idea

6. Yep

7. Yes once movement is made the bonus lasts for the rest of the round.

bkdubs123
Organ Grinder

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 01:21:31 AM »

2. Just as any Wizard worth their salt will take Color Spray at level 1, certain niches must be filled.

Such a bad outlook for someone attempting to "redo" the classes.
SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »

Such a bad outlook for someone attempting to "redo" the classes.

Realism in action.

SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 02:39:18 PM »

Added Perfect Strike. Thinking of other feats that function independently, like Maneuvers or Spells, to make warriors more combat-efficient without feat chains.

Added Quickness.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:12:39 PM by SiggyDevil » Logged

SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »

Added MULTIFEATS section. It's something I'm trying, collapsing a bunch of feat chains into one single feat, to make warrior feats closer to the power of spells.

SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 07:53:38 PM »

Gave Barbarian come copy-pasted feats from my monster feats thread, but that's just redundancy.

SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 10:32:31 AM »

I could do Two-Weapon Fighting like this;

Two-Weapon Fighting (Ex): By taking a -2 penalty to all melee attack rolls made for the round, the character doubles the number of melee attacks gained from high Base Attack Bonus when using a Full Attack action.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:41:07 PM by SiggyDevil » Logged

SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 02:40:16 PM »

Considering an increase of Power Attack damage to +1 per level (or BAB) per limb on the weapon, rather than every odd.

Granted that's a +40 damage for two handers by level 20, per blow, for each copy of the feat, but close range combat has long since been obsolete by then.

EDIT: OK yeah I'll do that.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:47:47 PM by SiggyDevil » Logged

SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »

Added more abilities.

vermithrx
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 12:39:20 AM »

I have a few questions for you, SiggyDevil...
Tremorsense (Ex): Level 3. Distance is +60 feet each time this ability is taken.
So, after level 3, you can take this feat as often as you like? Awesome! I just have to take it 88 times and I'll be able to locate anything touching solid material within a mile of me.  Big Grin

Battle Spirit (Ex): This feat grants two stances, either of which is active as long as the character is conscious and spends a Swift action each round.
Calm Stance: Gain +1 Competence bonus to AC, Reflex saves, Spot and Listen checks for every 5 levels (levels 1, 6, 11, and 16).
Rage Stance: Gain +2 Competence bonus to attacks and damage, and +2 Damage Reduction (no weakness, or add to pre-existing DR), for every 5 levels.
Any swift action, or a swift action to maintain the stance? If either can be active at any time, with no activating action, does that mean a character with this feat can be in Rage Stance during attacks, then immediately switch to Calm Stance for the rest of the turn?

Fast Healing (Ex): Level 3, Constitution 19+. Heal 1 HP at the end of every 10 rounds. At level 6 increase the healing to 1 HP every round. Gaining this ability again increases the healing amount by 1 each time.

Regeneration (Ex): Level 8, Fast Healing 3, Constitution 23+. Convert all damage to nonlethal except from fire or acid. Limbs may be reattached or grow back after 3d6 minutes.
Do you still lose the fast healing effect once you take regeneration, as in core?

Stunning Strike (Ex): DEX 13+ or WIS 13+. By spending a Swift Action, until the end of the round each critical hit confirmed within 60 feet may cause Stun to the target for no more than 1 round. The Swift action may be spent after attack roll is made.
Any confirmed critical within 60ft of you or the target? Is the range on this unlimited or does the critical have to come from you, specifically?

Cleave (Ex): STR 13+. Whenever one of your melee attack actions hit you may spend a Swift action to attack again.
I'd call this Double Attack rather than Cleave, unless you intend that the extra attack can be made against any target in reach except the one you hit.

Weapon Specialization (Ex): BAB 4+. For a single attack in each round all damage for one type of weapon is maximized.

Greater Weapon Specialization (Ex): BAB 12+. All damage for one type of weapon is maximized.
By type do you mean handedness (light/1-handed/2-handed), complexity (simple/martial/exotic), damage type (bludgeoning/piercing/slashing), or something else?

Lunge (Ex): STR 15+ or DEX 15+. BAB 6+. The character's natural reach becomes equal to half their land movement distance. They may take the space of any location within reach as part of an attack action.
Permanently!?! That can be a whole lot of reach with enough movement speed enhancements.

Hide in Plain Sight (Su): Hide 15 ranks. By spending a Swift action, the character may gain total concealment and become Invisible as the spell for 1 round, as long as no aggressive action is made.
Invisibility at will. Fun! Now you never again need bother with that pesky Hide skill you just sunk 15 points into... Please tell me that sounds as silly to you as it does me.  Tongue

Impale (Ex): Each time a critical is scored with a Piercing weapon the target is Slowed until they spend a Move action and lose 5 HP, removing the impaling weapon. The Piercing weapon may not be used while Slow condition is applied to the target in this way but may be regained at the end of the round once the weapon is removed.
So the target is slowed on its next move action and loses 5 more hp, but you can't use your piercing weapon for deflect, block, cleave, master strike, or any of the other wonderful swift-action-using feats you've created until they do so? Seems like a bad deal to me.

Sneak Attack (Ex): DEX 13+ or INT 13+. Whenever an opponent denied their Dodge bonus is hit with an attack within 60 feat you may add 1d6 Precision damage. Taking this ability again increases the Precision damage by 3 each time. This ability may not be taken more than once every odd level.
I like this change. One of my more commonly used house rules is that all damage is static (dice are maximized, then halved), but the player can choose to subtract damage from the total and roll 1d6s instead at a rate of 3 per, up to half the original damage. (This way "Maximized" always effectively equals +50% damage)

Mobility (Ex): DEX 13+. Each time the character takes a move action they gain +4 Dodge bonus to AC until the beginning of the next round.
So if I take two move actions in a round I gain a +8 Dodge bonus to AC, right? (since dodge bonuses stack)

Flashstep (Ex): DEX 13+, BAB 5+. The character may make a Move action as an Immediate Action, but lose the next Move action or 5-foot step they would be allowed to make later in the same round.
So with this I trade a 5-foot step or move action and a swift action for an immediate move action? Kinda situational, but I like it.

Wraith Strike (Su): WIS 13+ or CHA 13+, BAB 7+. By spending a Swift action the next attack made ignores armor bonuses. The Swift action may be spent after attack roll is made.

Unseen Strike (Ex): STR 13+ or DEX 13+, BAB 5+. By spending a Swift action the next attack made ignores Dodge bonuses. The Swift action may be spent after attack roll is made. This does not make the target flat footed.
So, if I had the feats, I could spend several swift actions three weeks or more in advance to have a Perfect Unseen Cleaving Wraith Strike at the beginning of my next combat?

Improved Flashstep (Ex): DEX 15+, BAB 10+. The character may make a Move action and a single attack as an Immediate Action, but lose the next Move action or 5-foot step they would be allowed to make later in the same round.
Now we're talking! Trade a 5-foot step or move action and a swift action for an immediate move and attack action. This will definitely come out ahead in most situations. Only slightly less versatile than your Quickness feat, though it has steeper requirements.

Improved Action (Ex): The character gains +1 Swift action in a round for every 5 levels (1, 6, 11, and 16). Spending 2 Swift actions allows a reroll on a failed save, while spending 3 Swift actions allows a reroll on a failed attack.
Wicked! Now I can potentially make a Deadly Perfect Unseen Kinetic Whirlwind Cleaving Wraith Strike at the beginning of any combat! By level 11 even, provided I crit! Combine with Lunge, Power Attack (that's 10/12 feats so far) and some speed enhancements to one-shot entire armies as you leap across them, exploding mid air.  

Antimagic (Ex):
BAB 1+: +2 Resistance bonus to all saves against magic
BAB 6+: +5 Resistance bonus to all saves against magic
BAB 11+: +10 Resistance bonus to all saves against magic
BAB 16+: constant Antimagic Field effect with a range of Self (can be suppressed)
Does this count as spell resistance for the purposes of your Deflect and Improved Deflect feats? I'd love to be able to play baseball with lightening orbs! Evil Laugh

Also, do you intend that characters be able to combine Mobility, Quickness and Improved Flashstep and thus regularly move at 6x speed with a +12 Dodge bonus to AC and still make an attack action? If so, you have made a thing of beauty.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:42:08 AM by vermithrx » Logged
SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »

1. Yes but you've spent ALL OF YOUR FEATS in doing that. Fine by me. I'm a lax DM, but good luck getting that part past any grognard.

"If no straight path exists through the ground from the creature to those that it’s sensing, then the range defines the maximum distance of the shortest indirect path. It must itself be in contact with the ground, and the creatures must be moving.

As long as the other creatures are taking physical actions, including casting spells with somatic components, they’re considered moving; they don’t have to move from place to place for a creature with tremorsense to detect them."

SRD also says this, and it's very specific. You're better off with Blindsight but w/e.

2. Each stance activation meant to last until the beginning of the next turn. EDIT: Fixed

3. Regeneration converts lethal to nonlethal at a rate specified by a "fixed rate". Assume Fast Healing rate = Regeneration rate. The way I wrote it, it's the same subset of abilities.

4. Huh? From You. How did you interpret this any different? EDIT: Clarified

5. OK.

6. Axe, sword, spear, etc.

7. Permanently. Warriors suck and need all the help they can get.

8. If you're seen by someone with See Invisibility, you'll want to make those Hide checks.

9. HP is lost if the target wishes to remove the Slow condition. With arrows and thrown spears w/ Quick Draw, this is a good deal. I got the idea from Rules Encyclopedia with some obscure Impale rule.

10. Cool.

11. Yes, Dodge stacks, but all you're doing is moving, so .. yeah.

12. Yes, and thanks. I got the idea from DBZ and Bleach ("shunpo" or whatever it was called)

13. Uh... huh? I'll specify "until the beginning of the next round".

14. Zwee fighting.

15. Melee combat is increasingly futile as levels increase, so by then the Wizard has probably Teleported away after the first round...

16. No, but I did supply Spell Resistance somewhere in the monster thread elsewhere in this forum. Maybe I'll repost the SR feat here too...

17. Yes but that's just 1 attack. Regardless, it's a choice between MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA with 20+ attacks at point-blank, or literally running circles around someone while impossible to hit, delivering the single well-placed blow.

Thanks for the questions, you pointed out some wording errors I neglected due to P.O.V.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 06:37:24 PM by SiggyDevil » Logged

vermithrx
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »

You're welcome.  Wink

I also noticed that, as worded, combining Lunge with Kinetic Force almost gives you a better version of Improved Flashstep four levels early.

L + KF @ lvl 10:
Lose swift action
Gain 50 feet and half a move action of movement and reach + [force] damage descriptor

IFS:
Lose swift action + 5-foot step or move action later
Gain move + attack actions now

While IFS helps you proactively interrupt others or get out of dodge, L + KF effectively does the same thing by expanding the area you threaten and giving you vast amounts of free movement, on top of increasing your damage and range and being available earlier. Sure, it costs you an extra feat, but is strictly better than the other options you've made available to melee classes at levels (BAB) 4-6.

Hmm... Can Lunge be used with full attack actions and attacks of opportunity as well, or is it restricted to only standard attack actions? If it can be used with a full attack action, does each individual attack let you (and thus the area within reach) move to a new location or can you only use Lunge once per full attack? Do the extra attacks granted using Two-Weapon and Multiweapon fighting count as attack actions for the purposes of the feat?
Midnight_v
Organ Grinder

Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:49 AM »

Lots of cool and interesting stuff. Nice.

\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"
SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 01:28:24 AM »

I also noticed that, as worded, combining Lunge with Kinetic Force almost gives you a better version of Improved Flashstep four levels early.

L + KF @ lvl 10:
Lose swift action
Gain 50 feet and half a move action of movement and reach + [force] damage descriptor

IFS:
Lose swift action + 5-foot step or move action later
Gain move + attack actions now

While IFS helps you proactively interrupt others or get out of dodge, L + KF effectively does the same thing by expanding the area you threaten and giving you vast amounts of free movement, on top of increasing your damage and range and being available earlier. Sure, it costs you an extra feat, but is strictly better than the other options you've made available to melee classes at levels (BAB) 4-6.

Hmm... Can Lunge be used with full attack actions and attacks of opportunity as well, or is it restricted to only standard attack actions? If it can be used with a full attack action, does each individual attack let you (and thus the area within reach) move to a new location or can you only use Lunge once per full attack? Do the extra attacks granted using Two-Weapon and Multiweapon fighting count as attack actions for the purposes of the feat?

Better than Flashstep? ... hm. I'll have to think about this and get back to you. Perhaps it's best to remove the "free move with attack" part.

EDIT: OK the free move is gone. Now Lunge is just reach.

Lunge is meant to simply increase range of attack. ANY melee attack.
Imagine a hero standing still, then instantly thrusting forward with a swing of the blade only to leap back to their original position in a instant.
And yes, you could move twice with TWF. (EDIT: But not any more..)
After all it's only fancy new ways of moving around the battlefield. Doesn't amount to much when your foes fly, pass through stone, or teleport.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:53:05 AM by SiggyDevil » Logged

vermithrx
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 04:46:55 PM »

Lunge is meant to simply increase range of attack. ANY melee attack.
Imagine a hero standing still, then instantly thrusting forward with a swing of the blade only to leap back to their original position in a instant.
And yes, you could move twice with TWF. (EDIT: But not any more..)
After all it's only fancy new ways of moving around the battlefield. Doesn't amount to much when your foes fly, pass through stone, or teleport.
I don't think just a small increase to natural reach is really worth the feat at higher levels. You don't have to get rid of the free move to fix the problem. For example:

Possibility 1
Lunge (Ex): STR 15+ or DEX 15+. BAB 6+. Your natural reach becomes equal to half your speed, plus any bonuses due to size. You can move to any location within natural reach as part of a melee attack.
Natural reach is less than reach, so activating Kinetic Force or using a pole-arm doesn't increase how far you can move for free.

Possibility 2
Lunge (Ex): STR 15+ or DEX 15+. BAB 6+. Your natural reach becomes equal to half your speed, plus any bonuses due to size. By spending a swift or immediate action, you can move to any location within reach as part of any further melee attacks made in the same round.
This way you have to take Improved Action to use the movement function of Lunge and Kinetic Force's reach enhancement at the same time, but they still synergize. I borrowed the wording from Kinetic Force and allowed it to be activated as an immediate action so it can still be used with attacks of opportunity. Thus you must spend 3 feats to get something slightly worse than the Improved Flashstep effect, on top of what those feats were originally meant for.

I prefer possibility 2 honestly. Reach can be vertical, and I like the idea of leaping 50+ feet down a cliff upon my enemy without taking damage. You'll also notice I amended the natural reach bonus to allow you to keep your size bonuses, 'cause bigger creatures aught to benefit from taking such a feat. Your call, though.
SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »

OK so add back in the free move with Lunge, but alter how it states the reach bonus and how many times moved...

SiggyDevil
Hong Kong

igtsigma
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »

Added a variation of Multiweapon for TWF users. Hope the wording works.

Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  

Jump to: