Was tossing this together for another thread, but the poster turned out to have no interest in multclassing. Figured I might as well toss it up here. I don't often do Monk builds, so this is sort of rudimentary, but here goes:
1. Ranger 1: First Favored Enemy, Track, Great Fortitude, Power Attack
2. Monk 1: Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple
3. Ranger 2: Two Weapon Fighting, Ascetic Hunter
4. Monk 2: Combat Reflexes
5. Ranger 3: Endurance
6. Fist of the Forest 1: AC bonus, fast movement, feral trance 1/day, primal living, Improved Natural Attack
7. Ranger 4: Spiritual Guide
8. Ranger 5: Second Favored Enemy
9. Ranger 6: Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Superior Unarmed Strike
10. Fist of the Forest 2: Uncanny Dodge, Untamed Strike
11. Fist of the Forest 3: Feral Trance 2/day, Scent
Overall, I think it's got a fair amount to recommend it. BAB is good, at +10; saves are good overall, at +11 Fort, +11 Ref, +6 Will. Skill points are fair (average of 4.5 per level) with a good range of class skills. The character gets Dex, Wis, and Con to AC--obviously, that's going to be of more benefit if the character's got high stats or the budget for multiple stat boosting items. Damage is nice, at 3d8 per shot.
Thoughts? Comments? Ideas on where to take it from here? It's hardly a campaign-breaker, but I wasn't looking for one; I was looking for a monk that doesn't suck.