http://brilliantgameologists.com
May 28, 2017, 11:58:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: 303- Survey SAYS!  (Read 4552 times)
Meg
Message Board Extraordinaire
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:25:43 PM »

Long time coming, and not the real thing, but interesting stuff none the less.

Check out the RPG Podcast Listener Results and listen along as Meg, Adam and Scott discuss and have borderline racist tendencies (we're not.  Just made for good jabs at each other).

Enjoy!

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
okeefe
Ring-Tailed Lemur

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 02:50:50 PM »

Lots of laughter.  I like the new intro music!

WillH
Monkey bussiness

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 03:37:06 PM »

I'm not sure I agree with Meg's comments about back catalogs. I think the more likely explanation for the Brilliant Gameologists placing so high is their fans identify as BG listeners and selected their show even though the show has pod faded and they have not listened to an episode for quite some time. Of course I could be wrong. Either way, it says good things about the BGs. Mostly it says they need to turn that pod fading around and produce more episodes.
scottdunphy
Monkey bussiness

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 05:20:43 PM »

I can tell you from the download stats for my show that as long as you keep it where people can find it, they will. I hadn't produced anything new for about 9 months and I still had thousands of downloads (and this is for a rather small show, mind you).

Story Shtick: Actual play of Story Games - edited for you entertainment!
WillH
Monkey bussiness

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 07:00:54 PM »

Absolutely, keeping the back catalog available is important and you get people listening, but I do think think the BGs high place is more do to the loyalty of their fan base as opposed to actual ongoing listening. And that's not meant take away from their achievement. It says a lot about what they have built.   
bhu
Organ Grinder

Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »

Wooo! New podcast!  Ah has misseded it so...

scottdunphy
Monkey bussiness

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »

I'm bracing myself for the southern hemisphere backlash. Do they have to wait until summer there before they can listen?

bhu
Organ Grinder

Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 04:33:56 PM »

A minor note on Meg's curiosity over why Call of Cthulhu has grown inexplicably more popular without much in the way of new releases:

The Mythos is incredibly popular right now.  Tons of foreign or indie films based on Lovecraft's stories (or at least cosmic horror themes).  I get to post occasionally on http://unfilmable.blogspot.com/, and there's more and more movies, games, comics, and books coming out with Lovecraft or Cthulhu as a theme every month. 

I did some articles on new releases in June and July, and I'll prolly have enough for one this month too.

scottdunphy
Monkey bussiness

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »

I've taken some of the data from the survey and mapped everyone who entered a zip code or international postal code onto Google Earth. See if you can find yourself!

There are a few quirks with the data and I had to hand enter some of the zip codes because the survey form drops the starting zero(es) in the New England zips (which would have sucked for the BGs), and some of the data ended up in other parts of the planet that I'm not sure it belongs in. But mostly it's good - we'll try to do better next year with the location stuff.

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: