http://brilliantgameologists.com
September 02, 2014, 07:40:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 63009 times)
DetectiveJabsco
Bi-Curious George

Here's To Life

Email
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2008, 03:47:01 PM »

What do you think my focused path should be, or what spells would you like to cast?

NineInchNall
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

I am NOT a cat.

Email
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2008, 04:00:26 PM »

Well, it depends on what you want to do with each part.  If you're mostly going to be buffing with your Arty side, then you'll likely want some offense on the psionic side.  The best disciplines for offense are Egoist and Telepath, I think. 

The best powers from Kineticist are energy missile and tornado blast: the former can be acquired via Expanded Knowledge and the latter is 9th level.

Shapers have astral construct as pretty much their only unique offense.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:55:54 PM by NineInchNall » Logged

Sinfire Titan
Organ Grinder

You've got one round to give a rat's ass.

Email
« Reply #502 on: July 11, 2008, 05:29:13 PM »

CE Unseelie Draconic Magic-Blooded Fire Cast Dromite Rebalanced (Un)Holy Warrior* Paladin of Slaughter/Feat Rogue 1, Battle Dancer 1, Paladin/Rogue 2-4, Pyro 1, Lasher 1, Black Guard 2, Lasher 2-3, Pyro 2-10.

*Holy Warrior - Complete Champion

Do we have someone able to do healing? Otherwise I'll likely take Tomb-Tainted Soul to give myself a little boost.

The Flaws are Metal Intolerance, good one for a fey, I thought, and Hot-Blooded, because even though she's (no gender on Dromites, but fancies she should become a Grand Queen, thankyouverymuch) not from the desert, goes so nicely with being Fire Caste.

The only problem is, that Fire Lash is still a ranged attack, not a melee attack like whips got updated to in 3.5. If this could be changed, things would be much smoother, and I'd have a reason not to go the 'ranged save or die every round' route with the pyromancer... If it was a normal melee attack, and not even a melee touch, (it was ranged touch vs ranged in 3.0 and is still ranged touch in 3.5), I'd be happy.

As is, I can technically smite with my normal whips, but not the one I'm taking class levels to get.  Confused

Though, I could Power Attack, since any feats I could use with the whip I can use with the Lash. Would this extend to special properties from items and such? The Sage's answer in the FAQ seems to suggest so, saying you should get your Str bonus to damage as well.

Also, for Unseelie I rolled on wings and got a 70 for bird wings and vision and got a 5 for standard for low-light, though draconic gives her darkvision anyway.

Elima Gyalech

Basic layout right now.

Note on Unseelie: The wings they grant become functional at 6th level, ala Raptorians. Until then, you have a Glide speed. I've changed the effects of the Whip for Dman in the Lands of Ice game so that it was worth having, IIRC I changed it from 15' to 10', but upped the damage dice to 1d4 and made it effective against armored (and thick-skinned) foes. Ask him for the rest of it, as that's all I can pull out of my ass right now.

EjoThims
Grape ape

The Ferret

jeiph@mac.com EjoThims
Email
« Reply #503 on: July 12, 2008, 02:49:55 AM »

Note on Unseelie: The wings they grant become functional at 6th level, ala Raptorians. Until then, you have a Glide speed.

I was hoping for some change like this so that I could actually use the thing instead of it just being rejected.  Big Grin

I've changed the effects of the Whip for Dman in the Lands of Ice game so that it was worth having, IIRC I changed it from 15' to 10', but upped the damage dice to 1d4 and made it effective against armored (and thick-skinned) foes. Ask him for the rest of it, as that's all I can pull out of my ass right now.

I've sent him a PM about the other changes, but most of those are actually covered in the character. My main concern was the way in which the Pyromancer's Fire Lash ability is a straight copy of the 3.0 version, following the 3.5 whip rules, which causes problems because there are certain abilities then that I can use with a normal whip (and all it's variants), but not with the upgraded version that I'm spending class levels to get. I was wondering, specifically, if it was possible to have Fire Lash made into a melee touch attack or even a standard melee attack instead of a ranged touch attack.

And is everything else alright? What would be the FP for her?

Sinfire Titan
Organ Grinder

Email
« Reply #504 on: July 12, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »

Note on Unseelie: The wings they grant become functional at 6th level, ala Raptorians. Until then, you have a Glide speed.

I was hoping for some change like this so that I could actually use the thing instead of it just being rejected.  Big Grin

I've changed the effects of the Whip for Dman in the Lands of Ice game so that it was worth having, IIRC I changed it from 15' to 10', but upped the damage dice to 1d4 and made it effective against armored (and thick-skinned) foes. Ask him for the rest of it, as that's all I can pull out of my ass right now.

I've sent him a PM about the other changes, but most of those are actually covered in the character. My main concern was the way in which the Pyromancer's Fire Lash ability is a straight copy of the 3.0 version, following the 3.5 whip rules, which causes problems because there are certain abilities then that I can use with a normal whip (and all it's variants), but not with the upgraded version that I'm spending class levels to get. I was wondering, specifically, if it was possible to have Fire Lash made into a melee touch attack or even a standard melee attack instead of a ranged touch attack.

And is everything else alright? What would be the FP for her?

O.o A Cha of 26 at 1st level? Well, the 2 LA is probably the cause for it. The stats make you solid, even without the FP. I shouldn't allow it, but then again Githzerai get a +6 for an LA of +2. Could you drop one of those templates and survive without it, or does the build not work without Magic-Blooded or one of the other templates?

SixthDeclension
King Kong

"Wit is educated insolence."

Email
« Reply #505 on: July 12, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »

When can Nasr start? Im too impatient for my own good...

My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.
Sinfire Titan
Organ Grinder

Email
« Reply #506 on: July 12, 2008, 11:55:12 AM »

Can I get the Nasr sheets in one place?

Avoraciopoctules
Monkey bussiness

« Reply #507 on: July 12, 2008, 12:44:57 PM »

Can I get the Nasr sheets in one place?
Kharlat
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=63316
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:46:36 PM by Avoraciopoctules » Logged
AlterFrom
Donkey Kong

Super Special Awesome

« Reply #508 on: July 12, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »

Any slots still open in this? The second post (which lists the open slots) doesn't seem to have been updated in a while, and I don't fancy wading through all the pages of the topic. 

Siggy
TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...

EjoThims
Grape ape

The Ferret

jeiph@mac.com EjoThims
Email
« Reply #509 on: July 12, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »

Could you drop one of those templates and survive without it, or does the build not work without Magic-Blooded or one of the other templates?

I could drop one and be fine (probably better if I dropped draconic) at lower levels, but at higher levels I would suffer drastically, as the build's only saving grace besides how awesome a picture it makes in my head is intense Cha synergy, especially tooled for melee combat like I've done it.

Which is actually why I so much want Fire Lash to become melee touch (or even normal melee) instead of ranged, Cha synergy from items at later levels. Otherwise, in any kind of combat, I'm essentially just a bug flying around on fire being pissed off that no one's paying attention to me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 03:31:52 PM by EjoThims » Logged

NineInchNall

I am NOT a cat.

Email
« Reply #510 on: July 12, 2008, 03:34:54 PM »

Okay, so would the rest of the Valuans prefer I go with Cleric//Society Mind or with Ardent//Society Mind?  It's rather a tough call for me, as I can't say that I've played a Cleric past first level before.  :-\

EjoThims
Grape ape

The Ferret

jeiph@mac.com EjoThims
Email
« Reply #511 on: July 12, 2008, 04:09:13 PM »

Okay, so would the rest of the Valuans prefer I go with Cleric//Society Mind or with Ardent//Society Mind?  It's rather a tough call for me, as I can't say that I've played a Cleric past first level before.  :-\

Whatever you're most familiar with.

skydragonknight
Organ Grinder

skydragonite
« Reply #512 on: July 12, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »

Can you cast Divine Power through the Worldthought Network?

It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.
NineInchNall

I am NOT a cat.

Email
« Reply #513 on: July 12, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »

While I can't technically cast it through the network, I can echo it to anyone once I've cast it on myself.  The same goes for any spell or power cast by anyone in the network.  Hence why I was kinda sad that there weren't more casters in the group.  The more casters, the more buffs I can echo.

But since echoing takes PP equal to the caster level, it can quickly get expensive, which is why I wasnted the extra PP from having Ardent.

So to sum up: if I and the Arty are the only real casters in the party, then going Cleric would be fine and cool.  If, however, we were to optimize the party around shared buffing, going with Ardent would allow for more spells and effects to be echoed per day among party members.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 05:32:55 PM by NineInchNall » Logged

AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

AfterCrescent
« Reply #514 on: July 12, 2008, 05:32:04 PM »

I've been interested in seeing an Ardent in action, so that's my vote Big Grin

The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie
EjoThims
Grape ape

The Ferret

jeiph@mac.com EjoThims
Email
« Reply #515 on: July 12, 2008, 08:18:55 PM »

The same goes for any spell or power cast by anyone in the network.

Would this work for my Weapon/Hand Afire and Nimbus abilities from Pyromancer?

skydragonknight
Organ Grinder

skydragonite
« Reply #516 on: July 12, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »

The same goes for any spell or power cast by anyone in the network.

Would this work for my Weapon/Hand Afire and Nimbus abilities from Pyromancer?

Given that it's an ability that doesn't have a caster level, I'd say no. Though maybe spell-like/psi-like abilities could be echoed?

It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.
Rufei

Pyun pyun~!

« Reply #517 on: July 12, 2008, 09:14:40 PM »

Any slots still open in this? The second post (which lists the open slots) doesn't seem to have been updated in a while, and I don't fancy wading through all the pages of the topic. 

If I end up being the only person who comments here from the Mid-Ocean game, then I'd assume it would be open (given SiFir's similar desire to open up that setting).

JanusJones
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks

« Reply #518 on: July 12, 2008, 09:55:08 PM »

I'm Valuan.  Coming back with another char soon!
Callix
Donkey Kong

Not cool enough for a custom title.

« Reply #519 on: July 12, 2008, 09:58:01 PM »

Ixa'taka has a slot open. We have a Rogue//Totemist, a Druid//Totemist, and an Incarnate//Moon Mage, all of which are brutal melee combatants. You can join the theme of Incarnum-fuelled wrecking balls, or anything else that would fit the area. Support casting and/or healing would be quite nice, but whatever tickles your fancy.

I know gameology-fu.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: