Ok, so my brother wants to play a super brute for our upcoming campaign. He envisions himself playing a character running about the battlefield, hitting multiple targets across his run, and being so strong that he knocks people back or prone. He also wants to be a brutal grappler, capable of grabbing a target, throwing them up into the air, and power bombing them into the ground as well as hitting the ground with such force that it deforms the terrain. Oh, and he plans to use his fists for most of his bashing needs and maybe two shields (the DM ruled that if he wields two, he gains the shield bonus of 1 but can use total defense or fight defensively for total cover). Basically, I think he's going for something akin to World War Hulk.
Presently, I'm thinking of hooking him up with a Half-Minotaur Goliath Barbarian using the appropriate Substitution levels (which he plans to name either Bullstone or Boulderbull Rhothgar
). Right now, I'm thinking of finding multiple ways of boosting his size, hopefully finding a way to jack it all the way up to colossal. With the present build, he qualifies as a Huge creature for damage (Goliath: Medium + Minotaur: Large + Mountain Rage Huge) and Huge for Grapple (Goliath Powerful Build: Large + Minotaur Huge + Mountain Rage: Still Huge). I threw in 2 levels of Totemist for the Totem Avatar soulmeld to reach Gargantuan size for damage. Plus, they work well by giving extra attacks via Girallion Arms (the natural attacks are the best for him as they will scale with his size). Also gives him a boost on his grapple checks. This much is certain. For the time being, I have the tentative build of:
Half-Minotaur Goliath Lion Totem Barbarian 1/Totemist 2/Fighter 2/Warblade 1/Bloodclaw Master 2/Totem Rager 5/Deepstone Sentinel 5/Full BAB X 2
Our DM ruled that any prestige class requiring race, unless it depends on any specific racial feature for functionality, is open to all races, thus allowing us to take Deepstone Sentinel (which is pretty thematically sound for the character actually). This gives the character the "bash the ground and mess up the terrain" abilities as well as makes him a pretty good disruptor. Bloodclaw Master works well as it allows him to use his full massive Str. bonus on secondary natural weapon attacks (overriding the 1/2 str bonus rule on Girallion Arms) as well as allowing him to use his full BAB on all of them as well. As a plus, the rage-like ability of BcM seems like it can be used in conjunction with Rage for a further increase in Str. Totem Rager is good since it boosts his Melshaping Level and grant him access to some chakra binding.
He also stated that he wanted to jump around and crash down on things like the Hulk, so Tiger Claw seemed like an appropriate discipline. He also wanted to hurl crap at people andIwas thinking that he could chuck the stone pillars he raised with Deepstone Sentinel at people, so that works well too.
The only problems are:
(1) how do I make this thing a hit and runner? I was thinking that Desert Tempest (6 lvl Desert Wind Maneuver) would be perfect for him. In fact, it's exactly
the effect he was going for. The only problem is that he doesn't have access to it. Is there anyway to simulate it and do it at will?
(2) There is no way that he can meet the prerequisites of both DsS and BcM. Any way to make it work?
(3) I've been trying to figure out how to give him more attacks beyond the 5 granted by Girallion Arms (4 from Totem Bind + 1 from Arm Chakras). He wants to hit hard and hit as often as possible, to be the Two-Weapon fighter in the group. Anyway to achieve this?
(4) It's rather starved for maneuvers and Iwas hoping of squeezing in some Iron Heart Maneuver which also fit well with the Goliath and Deepstone Sentinel aspect of the build. Any way to up this?
(5) The progression of Rage is kinda stunted, is there anyway to further increase it?
(6) Is there any way to make this guy even BIGGER
(currently Gargantuan for damage and Huge for Grapples)?
(7) This things power will come from optmizing his Str score through Rage. Any way to further jack up this things Str Bonus?
(8) I cannot actually get Double Bind Chakra due to his Meldshaper Level being too low (minimum of 9 MSL). Any way to boost this? This is mostly for Girallion Arms+Lamia Belt (which, according to my reading, correct me if I'm wrong, should give a bonus 2 claw attacks for every class attack made by Girallion Arms, granting 8 attacks total)
Right now, his feat progression is as follows:
ECL 1 (3: 1 Base + 2 Flaws): Power Attack, Double Chakra Bind (Totem Chakra), Battle Jump
ECL 3 Multi-Weapon Fighting
ECL 4 Improved Bullrush
ECL 5 Knockback
ECL 6 Shock Trooper
ECL 9 Cobalt Rage
ECL 12 Open Lesser Chakra
ECL 15 Leap Attack
ECL 18 Free
Thanks in advance!