I... that is amazing. I am going to have to hunt this down and DMM it like crazy.
When you acquire fifth level spells, look at Streamers. It's in Shining South. Also, it's ridiculous.
Awesome spell, for the people who don't know. You create an magical streamer, 1 at cl9, 2 at cl12, 3 at cl15, max of 4 at cl18. You target the streamers at one or multiple enemies. Each time the enemy performs any type of action
the streamer attacks (for the streamer has readied an attack against any action) he takes 5d10 damage. This continues for 1/rounds a level. Now the streamers can be destroyed but if there target tries to destroy them they get to attack first since they have readied an action and thus get to attack first. Furthermore they can only be attacked by magic weapons, not by magic. Finally this is a spellcaster bane for reread the concentration skill
Make a check of 10+Damage Dealt when
10 + damage dealt Damaged during the action.2
Such as during the casting of a spell with a casting time of 1 round or more, or the execution of an activity that takes more than a single full-round action (such as Disable Device). Also, damage stemming from an attack of opportunity or readied attack made in response to the spell being cast (for spells with a casting time of 1 standard action) or the action being taken (for activities requiring no more than a full-round action)
Thus if you used a rod of maximized with the streamer spell and the spellcasting target tries to
- cast a spell than the spellcasting target must make a concentration check of dc 60 or he lose the spell and he takes 50 damage.
- moves the streamer follows him as well as zaps him 50 damage.
- cast a spell with a swift/immediate casting time the streamer zaps him 50 damage.
- tries to talk to his allies telling them about the streamers, the streamer zaps him 50 damage
- Attack the streamer with a magic weapon the streamer zaps him for 50 damage and he is unlikely to destroy more than 2 because of low bab. He can't destroy the streamer with magic only magic weapons.
Oh Streamers are even more awesome when used with invisible spell. The target doesn't even get to see the streamers before he takes actions (and those actions have a good chance of killing him). Only way the target can see the streamers if he has detect magic, see
invisibility, or true seeing up.