When rereading a spell called Dimension Hop, I realized the nasty combination of this spell, spell storing weapons, and the shadow pounce ability of Telflammar Shadowlord or Crinti Shadow Marauder.This build is meant to be a fun exercise trying to create a playable build at all levels, and does a couple houserules for flavor reasons on some of the "minor aspects of the build" making the fictional character more like the anime character, the main trick/attack is perfectly legal.
Dimension Hop is a touch range spell (wizard/sorcerer 2). On a failed will save the target touched by the spell is teleported 5 feet for every 2 casters levels in the direction of the caster's choosing.
Spell Storing Weapon allows you to add a singled targeted spell of up to 3rd level in the weapon. If the weapon hits the target the caster can activate the spell as a free action.
Shadow Pounce allows you to make a full attack if you are subject to the effect of a teleportation effect.
Pretty much the tactic is to do a normal shadow pounce (through any means necessary). With your last attack of the shadow pounce you quickdraw a Kunai with the spell storing ability that has dimension hop stored into it. And attack yourself with it (doing nonlethal damage) and intentionally fail the save cause you to teleport and perform another full attack action. These kunai cost the cost of a masterwork kunai and +2 of weapon abilities, or a little over 8,000 gp new or less than half crafted, you don't need many since you can reuse these kunai after each battle as long as you refill the dimension hop spell (with a wand or an assistant spellcaster).
The Fourth Hokage
Konoha's Yellow Flash
Uses Arcane Swordsage. Note this is only used to get the "necessary flavor abilities" of Minato. All other maneuvers I want to be maneuvers not spells.
- Cleric 1/Monk 1/Swordsage 5/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Master of Nine 5/Swordsage 4
- Cleric is for Time and Shadow Domains giving you Improved Initiative (Mo9) and Blind Fight (TS and Mo9)
- Monk is for Dodge (TS and Mo9)
I choose to do Master of Nine since you have all the prerequisite feats already chosen besides Improved Initiative and Adaptive Style and these are already made of win for a swordsage. Plus it just seems right to have a Hokage be a master of nine.
- Spring Attack
- Dodge (fulfilled by Monk 1)
- Blindfight(fulfilled by Cleric 1 and the Shadow Domain)
- Improved Initiative (fulfilled by Cleric 1 and the Time Domain)
- Assassin Stance to qualify for Telflammar Shadowlord
Abilities of the 4th Hokage that we know about.
Now what should I make the rest of his feat progression be as well as his maneuvers?
- Flying Thunder God Technique. Replicated by Shadow Pounce.
- Rasengan. Minato is the creator of this move. Houserule Minato as an arcane swordsage who can cast the spell/manuever Rasengan. Rasengan is a swift action spell (a boost) that deals extra damage equal to your initator level *d6 and dazes the target for 1 round on a failed fortitude save.
- Ability to Summon Frogs. Minato is the only one who seems to be able to "control" Gamabunta, in addition when Minato fought the nine tailed demon fox he rode on Gamabunta.Houserule Minato as a arcane swordsage maneuver can summon frogs as a wizard could of his IL/CL with the Summon Monster Line of Spells. Unlike a normal wizard this summoning only takes a standard action.
- Eight Trigrams Sealing Style/Four Symbols Seal. Houserule Minato has the Bestow Curse as an arcane swordsage manuever, this ability improves to be greater bestow curse at IL 15. The Eight Trigams Sealing style is a custom curse in the line of Bestow Curse and Greater Bestow Curse. Used by the 4th Hokage to limit the amount of charka Naruto has access to. Naruto can only access the Yang charka due to the seal, with the Yin charka being blocked due to the Dead Demon Consuming Seal.
- Dead Demon Consuming Seal. This ability is approximated by the spells Bestow Curse and the Greater Bestow Curse spells. Houserule that when perform a great feat that is normally beyond the range of Bestow Curse and Greater Bestow Curse that you can perform such an act at the expense of one's life (similar to Wish). For example great feats are when the 4th Hokage use this Seal to bind the nine tail demon fox or the 3rd Hokage use this seal to defeat the reanimated 1st/2nd Hokage as well as Bind Orochimaru's arms.
I always get a headache trying to build a maneuver progression/spells list.