So... when is this freak show taking off? You guys hurry up and get back to Dis. I can't wait.
I'm going to add a few questions here, also (mostly for Tshern, but you other guys can comment if you want...).
1) Does the damage from Shield Other bypass Regeneration?
2) Here is a list of the buffs Gabriel will typically have. Which ones will go with him when he moves to a different body? I'll put my guesses next to them.
-Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (RWotF): Goes, since it is an aura emanating from the caster, I'd guess.
-Consumptive Field: I don't know... It gives a boost to Str, caster level, and temporary hit points. It seems like it should actually be split up... But then again, it is also an aura, so I guess it should go.
-Divine Power: Stays, you said.
-Righteous Might: Stays.
-Superior Resistance: I'd guess goes.
-Permanent Arcane Sight: Could go either way. I think I'd actually prefer it to stay, so every body I inhabit doesn't have glowing eyes...
-Mass Lesser Vigor: I'd guess it goes, for the same reason as RWotF.
-Lesser Visage of the Deity: I'd guess goes, but could see it going either way. It partially changes your nature to that of an outsider (which is basically an incarnate soul), giving you a boost to Cha and some resistances.
-Shield Other (cast to send half of the familiar's damage to the troll): I'd guess this stays.
3) Can outsiders be possessed? Per the RAW, I don't think anything prevents it, but per the fluff I don't think it should be possible. Their body and soul are basically one. I interpret this to mean they basically are physical embodiements of souls. I'd also think they couldn't be animated into undead, except for maybe ghosts and similiar things.
4) What happens if Gabriel is caught in an AMF? Initially, I thought it would kill him, but after looking at Magic Jar and AMF, I think it wouldn't.
Magic Jar says: If the spell ends
while you are in the magic jar, you return to your body (or die if your body is out of range or destroyed). If the spell ends while you are in a host, you return to your body (or die, if it is out of range of your current position), and the soul in the magic jar returns to its body (or dies if it is out of range).
AMF says: An antimagic field suppresses any spell or magical effect used within, brought into, or cast into the area, but does not dispel it
So I think Gabriel would be trapped and unable to do anything (and the host he's inhabiting would regain control of their body), but Gabriel wouldn't be killed, as the spell isn't ended (Dispelled) but is merely supressed.
So in all, I think he's in alot better shape than I initially thought (I thought initially he was pretty vulnerable, hence the elaborate lair with the Clone in it...). Since his possession is a Su ability, it can't be dispelled normally. Also, an AMF would merely supress it, and after rereading Protection from Evil, that would have no effect if cast after he's in a body (originally I thought a Magic Circle would expel him). So about the only real threats he has to worry about is something odd like a Sacred Exorcist, or someone trapping him in a body (via AMF, etc) and killing it, and the last creature he possessed simultaneously being out of range.
5) I'm not even sure Disjunction would affect him, from the way it is worded.
All magical effects and magic items within the radius of the spell, except for those that you carry or touch, are disjoined. That is, spells and spell-like effects are separated into their individual components (ending the effect as a dispel magic spell does), and each permanent magic item must make a successful Will save or be turned into a normal item.
Is a supernatural ability that reproduces a spell a spell-like effect? Maybe. It's not a Spell-like Ability, though, and that term is close enough to SLA that it might be the same thing, or might not...
6) Can outsiders be infected with a Necrotic Cyst?
7) I plan on preparing a Necrotic Cyst spell every day, and trying to infect someone with it. Presumably, Gabriel has been doing this for several years. That should mean that there are a lot of people walking around with these things... As I have in my backstory, I plan on him having enslaved a few "pawns" in various places via Necrotic Tumor, but not that many. Most cysted people will just be wandering around unknowing and otherwise unharmed by it, but they will be useful to Gabriel, if we happen to need to travel to those places and find things out, set up a base of operations temporarily, etc.
So, is this all ok? If we all of a sudden need to go to mid or large sized city X, can Gabriel say "Oh, I know some people who might be useful there...", and go to town, walk around with a Detect Necrotic Cyst up, and pick out some people to enslave/scry on/etc? Or even better, let's say he keeps a list of them, their name and where they are, and scries on them occasionally to see if the cyst has been discovered. He'd probably shoot for people with access to high places, but who aren't really that important themselves, like a Chamberlain's maid, etc, but would also put them in just random people like bartenders, etc.
Of course, this also means that there will be a few people who have perhaps caught on to all these encysted people walking around, and might be looking for whoever is doing it, which lead to fun mayhem.
Note: I'm not looking to break the game or overpower my character with this. I just think it would be really fun, and it is what I envision that he's been doing prior to this. He likes politics, and likes to try and manipulate things, often from behind the scenes, to get blackmail material, set up shadow operations which can yield him power and/or profits, etc.