Ok im working on a archer build based on the Updated Pathfinder Arcane Archer. You can find it listed here...www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classe
Basicly they gain 7/10 casting and while casting isnt so much an issue it really makes the class nice. You add in the Imbue arrow and Enhanced Arrows and you have a pretty solid class. Now I want to break it in half!
We are using all of the Pathfinder rules exept for spells. They are staying 3.5
Here is the build I have so far.
Ranger/Wizard Arcane Archer/Race - Elf
I plan on making the following Item... Persitant Polymorph 1/day = Command Word 1/day = (10 X 21 X 1800)/5 = 75,600 GP
Otherworldly Elf Ranger 4/Wizard 2/Deepwood Sniper 4/Arcane Archer 10
(1) Ranger 1st Favored Enemy, Track, wild empathy
(2) Ranger Combat style feat = Far shot
(3) Ranger Endurance, 1st Favored Terrain
(4) Ranger Hunter's Bond
(5) Wizard Arcane bond, arcane school, cantrips, Scribe Scroll
(7) DS Keen Arrows, Range increment bonus +10ft/lvl
(8) AA Enhance arrows (magic)
(9) AA Imbue arrow
(10) AA Enhance arrows (elemental)
(11) AA Seeker arrow
(12) AA Enhance arrows (distance)
(13) AA Phase arrow
(14) AA Enhance arrows (elemental burst)
(15) AA Hail of arrows
(16) AA Enhance arrows (aligned)
(17) AA Arrow of death
(18) DS Concealment Red 10%, magic weapon, proj imp crit +1
(19) DS Safe Poison use
(20) DS Take aim +2
Class Feats ( In Pathfinder you gain a feat every other lvl)
(1) Ranger 1 Point Blank Shot, Otherworldly(flaw), Rapid Shot(flaw)
(2) Ranger 2 Farshot(class),
(3) Ranger 3 Weapon Focus (Longbow)
(4) Ranger 4 Precise Shot
(5) Wizard 1 Scribe Scroll(class)
(6) Wizard 2 ?
(7) DS 1
(8) AA 1 Manyshot
(9) AA 2
(10) AA 3 Improved Rapid shot
(11) AA 4
(12) AA 5 Improved Precise shot
(13) AA 6
(14) AA 7 Woodland Archer
(15) AA 8
(16) AA 9 ?
(17) AA 10
(18) DS 2 ?
(19) DS 3
(20) DS 4 ?
Ok so with that item I can use persistant polymorph to turn into a Arrow Demon. That gives me basicly 2 attacks for each one.
With base attack 4 attacks + Rapid Shot + Haste = 6 attacks.
While a Arrow Demon that makes 12 Attacks. If he is weilding 2 longbows with the splitting enchantment that gives us 24 attacks... all with lots of bonus dmg from the Arcane Archer Embue ability. If I can throw in Assassin Senses Im criting on a 17-20 for X5 dmg.
My math might be off some, but how can I improve on this build. Is there a better class to go other then Deepwood sniper. Any help is apreciated. Thanks in advance