http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 30, 2014, 09:39:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: (3.5) Heroes of Horror Premade Campaign  (Read 2561 times)
knightfall
Monkey bussiness

« on: August 20, 2009, 03:30:55 PM »

Hey i want to run my own campaign and i have never run one before, are there any premade campaigns you guys suggest. I was in a heroes of horror campaign and i would like to run a horror campaign.  So if you have used or seen any horror premade campaigns please tell me and post links.
CharlesCS
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »

Hey i want to run my own campaign and i have never run one before, are there any premade campaigns you guys suggest. I was in a heroes of horror campaign and i would like to run a horror campaign.  So if you have used or seen any horror premade campaigns please tell me and post links.
Well, there's always Expedition to Castle Ravenloft.

When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.

-- Darths and Droids #311
Akalsaris
Hong Kong

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 03:25:08 AM »

A surprisingly large number of the adventures below are horror-based, especially in the level 5-8 slots and the ones from Dragon magazine.  I've run Frozen Whispers (lvl 4), which went over well with my PCs.  It's basically a scenario where the PCs are trapped in a cabin during a snowstorm while a creature stalks them. 

http://www.dungeonmastering.com/campaigns-adventures/83-free-dd-adventures

RobbyPants
Organ Grinder

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:15:44 AM »

The closest I used was the Nightwatch campaign from the Heroes of Horror book, with some modifications.  I sped things up so it only lasted four to six sessions.  At that point, my players weren't used to story arcs that lasted more than two sessions, and they were getting impatient and frustrated.  Still, for the most part, it seemed fun.

There was a free one I found online a while ago that I never used.  It wasn't listed as a horror game, but it has the makings of it with some good naration.  It had something to do with a hunting lodge out in the middle of nowhere where one guy becomes a wendigo and kills everyone else.

My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: