http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 21, 2014, 09:31:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Optimizing a Dweomerkeeper (gasp!)...  (Read 2089 times)
KellKheraptis
Organ Grinder

What's the matter? I thought you had me...

filth_and_syn@yahoo.com
Email
« on: August 14, 2009, 07:13:32 PM »

Remember that GOD thread where I made a halfling Wizard?  Well...the party has a wizard, and REALLY needs a cleric, but are of the school of thought that clerics are nothing but heal bitches.  Time to rape that idea with a double shot of DK cheater-dom.  My first thoughts are going Cloistered Cleric, as it makes picking up Knowledge Devotion so very easy, and rocks the skill points.  Next up, Divine Disciple won't be needed since I'll be taking Otherworldly.  Now, this opens up a few options for getting into DK, and IMO Alternate Source Spell is the best fit, for one reason : Tome of Ancient Lore.  Slap that puppy on a DK, pillage every Arcane spell you want, and let the fur fly.

Now where I'm running in circles is on the last 5 levels, and further on some of the later feat choices.  I can snag any of the usual suspect combat feats easily enough with spells, and the DMM : Persist chain will be functioning from either 3rd or 6th level on, but that leaves the entire ass end of the character to work on.

Oh, and for the record...chances are the session next week we'll be 3rd level, and that means alter self.  Evil laugh here Smile

BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!
Akalsaris
Hong Kong

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »

Depends on how abusable nightsticks are - if they aren't really usable then you'll want to take Extra Turning a lot

KellKheraptis
Organ Grinder

filth_and_syn@yahoo.com
Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:04:35 PM »

I've actually been snooping around looking for spells and items that add turning attempts just in case   Though from the sounds of it if we have the feats and the downtime, the DM has no problems with us self crafting.  I just took a long-overdue second look through some of the BoED PrC's, and damn near shat when I saw the Lion of Talisid.  Don't suppose there's a feat akin to Obtain Familiar for Animal Companions, is there?  Two feats for the two best features of being a Druid, on top of being a full power cleric+ and having eventually every arcane spell, without EVER paying XP, sounds fucking wickedly sexy.

The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!
bearsarebrown
Organ Grinder

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 10:33:23 PM »

I've actually been snooping around looking for spells and items that add turning attempts just in case   Though from the sounds of it if we have the feats and the downtime, the DM has no problems with us self crafting.  I just took a long-overdue second look through some of the BoED PrC's, and damn near shat when I saw the Lion of Talisid.  Don't suppose there's a feat akin to Obtain Familiar for Animal Companions, is there?  Two feats for the two best features of being a Druid, on top of being a full power cleric+ and having eventually every arcane spell, without EVER paying XP, sounds fucking wickedly sexy.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a
juton
King Kong

Jack of all trades, master of nothing.

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »

Do you have your Domains picked out yet? If not then consider the Spell domain (Spell Compendium), its third level spell lets you prepare and cast 2nd level arcane spells, so you can get into DK without needing Alternate Spell source. Plus arcane spells are neat, and I don't think it requires them to be Wizard spells, so you could prepare Bard or Wujen spells as well. If you have an other domain you don't know what to do with the Divine Magician ACF from Complete Mage lets you make your own domain by choosing Wizard Abjuration, Divination or Necromancy spells.

As to what to take at higher levels, dips into Contemplative are always popular as you can snag a new domain.
KellKheraptis
Organ Grinder

filth_and_syn@yahoo.com
Email
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 12:14:20 AM »

Contemplative was one idea, for the extra domain, possibly Divine Disciple, but I'd figured that one would be unnecessary since I'll have outsider status from level 1 anyhow (which was the sole purpose really in the CoM build by FS).  I guess to narrow it down, what's a good full casting 5 level divine class?  Abjurant Champion comes to mind, but other than swift and extended abjurations, it's not bringing a whole ton (unless the BAB=CL is reversely true as well, meaning my CL 20 gives me a BAB of 20 as well).  I remember it was available from the adaptation section as a divine or even psionic class.

The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!
DerWille
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 03:47:15 AM »

One way to get more turnings is to take either Rebuke Dragons (Dragon Magic) or Rebuke Vermin (Drow of the Underdark) ACF then take a single level of Sacred Exorcist and receive Turn Undead. The nifty thing about Rebuke Dragons or Rebuke Vermin is that it explictly says that it lets you qualify and activating divine feats.

It's cheesy and debatable if it works, but if you want to rape the idea of the heal bot Cleric and can get it approved, that's one way to do it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:52:31 AM by DerWille » Logged
Suzerain
Bi-Curious George

is on extended leave

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 07:50:36 AM »

One way to get more turnings is to take either Rebuke Dragons (Dragon Magic) or Rebuke Vermin (Drow of the Underdark) ACF then take a single level of Sacred Exorcist and receive Turn Undead. The nifty thing about Rebuke Dragons or Rebuke Vermin is that it explictly says that it lets you qualify and activating divine feats.

It's cheesy and debatable if it works, but if you want to rape the idea of the heal bot Cleric and can get it approved, that's one way to do it.

Non-existant fu for you. Great find!

Hijax
Donkey Kong

Kobolds ate my cookies

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 08:40:27 AM »

depending on the reading of the rules, since rebuke vermin/dragons isn't rebuke undead, you can take a 1-level dread necro dip.
you lose a caster level, but your total amount of turn attempts are charisma*3+9. thats a lot.

"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china
Tshern
Clown Prince of Crime
Organ Grinder

Aistii valoa auttavasti

miikamartemo@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 10:09:10 AM »

Gives infinite healing too, if you then change Alternative spell source for the feat whose name now escapes my mind, but is taken by all Dread Necros.

Edit: Tomb-tainted soul is the feat.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:18:26 AM by Tshern » Logged

Ja vuosia myöhemmin
kalvas kaksikko lattialla motellin tihrustelee,
kun sama keiju katossa leijailee.
Kyselevät: "Mikä päivä nyt on?
Tiedätkö sen?"
Kuiskaten laulaa keiju:
"Tämän elämän viimeinen."

Handy Links
Hijax
Donkey Kong

Kobolds ate my cookies

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 10:32:14 AM »

tomb tained soul is the feat. and yeah, infinite healing is a nice little bonus.

"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: