http://brilliantgameologists.com
April 16, 2014, 06:10:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com
 
   Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead  (Read 18164 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
j0lt
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1317


Browncoat


« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2009, 12:22:33 AM »

While it's a long way off, the light does seem to have the qualities of a fire, but by now it's too large to be a simple brush fire.  Only the dry wood of a building could produce flames of that size.
Logged

PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 5337


Walking that fine line between genius and insanity


Email
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2009, 04:37:45 AM »

"Well, looks like someone will need to build a new home...

Looks like our pyromaniac friend is at it again."
Frank says as he starts to get his gear together and load it on his horse, getting ready to continue their hunt of 'Jack'.
Logged

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.  
jacemachine
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
****
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2009, 11:18:34 AM »

"Well, you guys aren't going to leave me behind." I said grabbing up my bag, I tossed the bible in. "I don't reckon I want to stay here, just in case that is exactly what IT wants!"

I could see it clear as day. These hombres run off to investigate and while I'm sitting here on my ass humming hymns, that jumping devil leaps down and tears my head of and craps down my neck. Doesn't sound like the way I'd like to go.

No sir!
Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Bozwevial
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 4497


Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.


« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »

Bones slaps Zeke on the back with all the force he can muster, which is not much. "Let's get going, then. Seems like some people might be needing my help...and if not, they might be needing yours."

Last time he tangled with this thing, he didn't walk away feelin' mighty fine. Fell away, really. 'Course, that'll make him more determined to take Jack-Be-Nimble down. If nothing else, he's got some liquor that might come in handy for drinking.

Doctorin'. I mean doctorin'.
Logged

MasterVega
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
****
Posts: 292


Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...


Email
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2009, 09:07:50 PM »

Cedric follows the others in packing up, then makes sure his rifle is clear before loading it, "So, anyone got a plan?"
Logged

I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! Big Grin

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.
j0lt
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1317


Browncoat


« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2009, 11:13:05 PM »

Jackson pipes up as he readies his horse.  "We know that thing's over there, but we don't know much about those other two bootprints which seem to be heading in the same direction.  Don't want to go shootin' at the wrong fella now, y'hear?"
Logged

PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
****
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2009, 02:38:11 AM »

I shook my head to myself. These men I was with were like the womens circle in the last church I was in. Leave it to them to plan a summer picnic and it would have been served in winter when they were ready. I crept through the dark landscape, moving as silently as I could muster. Listening as well, to any noises that may give away another body looking get the jump on me.

None of the others seemed to be the go getter type. Granted, I wasn't much of one anymore. But I also believed that if something needed doin'-- you DID it. I kept my eyes peeled. Ain't know way did I want to get found by that Jack... thing.

At least I could count on the Doc to follow. At least I hoped so. I could smell alcohol on his breath and I hoped that he had more to share. THERE was an honest incentive.


Move Silently = 22, Listen = 24, Spot = 12
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:16:03 PM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Bozwevial
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 4497


Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.


« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »

Bones bit off an expletive as he saw the preacher slip off. Resorting to a steady stream of curses under his slightly whiskey-scented breath, the doctor picked his way towards the distant fire, bleary-eyed but still watchful.

I hate desert ground...this stuff crackles when you step on it. No, don't go that way. This way's quicker, and it goes behind the rocks. They don't see us comin', we get the drop on them.

Dammit, I'm a doctor, not an Apache!


Logged

BowenSilverclaw
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 5337


Walking that fine line between genius and insanity


Email
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »

Making sure his horse is still tied up Frank quickly follows the preacher and the doctor. He couldn't let those two go out on their own, they'd get themselves killed.

Hide: 24
Move Silently: 12
Listen: 20
Spot: 10
Logged

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.  
MasterVega
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
****
Posts: 292


Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...


Email
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »

Cedric knows he isn't good at sneaking around. Both of his professions seem to make a point of being loud, so he decides to bring up the rear of the group while attempting to be quiet... and doing a poor job of it.
Logged

I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! Big Grin

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.
j0lt
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1317


Browncoat


« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2009, 03:30:47 AM »

As the five of you slowly and (mostly) quietly approach the fire, it both grows in size and proximity.  By the time you're halfway there, it's clear that it is indeed an old abandoned saloon or general store.  Most of the other buildings that are visible in the light of the blaze have already collapsed from disrepair and lack of use.

Listen and Spot checks, please!
Logged

PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 5337


Walking that fine line between genius and insanity


Email
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2009, 04:17:10 AM »

Listen: 15
Spot: 23
Logged

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.  
Bozwevial
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 4497


Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.


« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2009, 05:09:05 AM »

Logged

jacemachine
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
****
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2009, 09:05:02 AM »

Spot 11, Listen 11(1d20+4=11, 1d20+9=11) I'm taking Ten next time. Rolls Eyes
Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
MasterVega
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
****
Posts: 292


Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...


Email
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »

Logged

I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! Big Grin

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.
j0lt
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1317


Browncoat


« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2009, 03:08:36 AM »

Frank & Cedric
You hear what sounds to be someone shouting in the burning building.

Frank & Bones
You notice movement inside.

Zeke
It looks and sounds like a fire!
Logged

PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

MasterVega
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
****
Posts: 292


Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...


Email
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2009, 12:07:20 PM »

Cedric cursed under his breath before notifying the others, "There's someone inside." Cedric takes one more look around for the jumping bastard before running toward the burning building.

Spot: 1d20+2=17
Logged

I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! Big Grin

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.
Bozwevial
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 4497


Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.


« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2009, 02:36:49 PM »

"Something's moving around in there!" Without a second thought to whether it might be Jack or not, the doctor sprints towards the building, looking for the safest way in.
Logged

j0lt
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1317


Browncoat


« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2009, 08:06:06 AM »

The whole ground floor is wreathed in flames.  The upper floor windows appear to be safe for the moment, but the flames are rising higher and higher with each passing moment.  The shouting from inside sounds like it's coming from the second floor.
Logged

PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
****
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2009, 11:38:59 AM »

I follow after-- not certain if I can even do any good. The fire was waay out of control.


Taking Ten...
Spot 19
Listen 14
Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!