http://brilliantgameologists.com
May 29, 2017, 09:17:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Me  (Read 2864 times)
Josh
Brilliant Gameologist
Grape ape

Email
« on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:42 PM »

In our Most recent episode we talk about "Trust" games.

These are the games where the players go in blind and trust the GM to execute some idea.

These adventures can be some of the most memorable that you will ever experience.

Does anyone remember either as a player or a GM having one of these memorable experiences?

The flip side is, while the trust adventures can be incredible when they succeed, they usually flop.  Some spectacularly so.

Does anyone have a funny example of these failures?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:54:05 PM by Josh » Logged

Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009
Josh
Brilliant Gameologist
Grape ape

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 12:04:04 AM »

One of my greatest successes with this was Nightspawn-bane. 

We were getting together for the summer after freshmen year of college.  And everyone wanted to play, but no one had time to read about the world and learn everything.  So it was decided that I would make everyone a character and we would play out the characters in game learning about the supernatural world.

It was one of the most intense and fun games I have ever run.

The players were terrified of the bad guys.  The NPCs were extremely rich and well rounded.  And the players since they were all picked out by the GM were extremely well rounded.  But more than that the Players really struck out and explored the identity of their characters.

Also there were tons of explosions and a guy with machine-guns for arms

Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009
woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »

I like this style but it has to be done really well. I'm in a 2.0 game and I'm in more or less blind, and I have no idea what's going on. The DM's really good, but us, as players, very often just don't...do it right, if you know what I mean. There needs to be a balance between plot movement and character exploration. For instance, we got to go raid the tomb of a frost giant king and slay a dragon. That was interesting. We got freaked out a lot. But now we're in this town with loads of downtime and it's not moving so great, although I'm pretty sure it's about to start up again.

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: