http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 25, 2014, 01:31:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com
 
   Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Secondary Game Thread  (Read 9348 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
j0lt
Hong Kong
****
Posts: 1317


Browncoat


« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2009, 09:58:38 PM »

Loder approaches at the head of the column of mules.  "We've got our gear loaded up, where are Richard and Russo?"
Logged

PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2009, 05:36:44 PM »

Bones peers out of the front door, squinting at the sunlight. "You might as well tie-up and come on in. Set your men to look after your animals." He says motioning to Paco & Esteban. "Your pals ain't here yet. It's just Max, me, and Padre. If you need to fill up your water bags give them to Padre and he'll take care of them for us. We might as well be comfortable while we wait."

He heads inside, disappearing in the gloom, presumably back to his table where he and Max had been talking.


[[ Once you step back inside the Cantina, you can join the main thread once more. Thanks! ]]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:53:01 PM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Flay Crimsonwind
Hong Kong
****
Posts: 1310


Watching the World Burn in Magnificence


Email
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2009, 08:38:30 PM »

((crap, wrong thread! Moving over...))
Logged

jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2009, 02:04:58 PM »

RUSSO:



hearing a distinct shuffling sound from behind him Russo spins off the chair quickly moves past the kid and pokes his head around the door frame a hand waiting by his pistol cigaret burning slowly in his mouth

spot:22 seriously! what is up with these rolls? ((do I really need a spot check to take a look inside?))


Standing in the immediate shadows inside the bar you see the filthy man, identified by Max as 'Muta' the chief's son.


His eyes grab the light and reflect it in the darkness somehow, giving them a reddish glow.
He doesn't look well-- he twitches ever so often as he peers at you, and the Kid.

"Che cosa è lo scopo della vostra presenza qui, creatura." He says. He smirks.

Russo: Roll Initiative.

Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »


thats his 'oh crap zombies' face  Big Grin

"Woah!" Russo cries out seeing the man, his eyes flick nervously eyeing the guy up and down feeling a cold sensation in his stomach, there was something wrong here... "you-you best step back pal" Russo said with a bravado he did not feel, he makes a pacifying gesture to the man with his left hand, the right still on his gun, he nods to the kid making a motion at the big gun behind him then making a small swirling motion with the right hand by his pistol and hoping the kid got the message

Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »

ROUND ONE

[[ Muta init: 1d20+2=3


Russo, you have initiative. You are 15 feet away from Muta. Oh, and you recognize the language spoken as Italian.]]


The boy is stock-still, frozen in shock or fear... He seems to be only capable of staring with his mouth hanging wide open at the moment...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:43:27 AM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »

didn't see it was italian at first lolz

"Che cosa è significato! che cosa è il vostro nome!?" almost just as stunned as the kid Russo starts walking backwards away from the man, It had taken him a moment to realize that the man/creature thing had been speaking Italian at him.

((5-ft step))
Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2009, 12:56:49 PM »

The glowing-eyed man, bears his teeth at Russo, and bull rushes the Italian!

[[ Russo, you get an Attack of Opportunity at this point. Make it count. I will also need a Strength Check as well, please. ]]

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:03:49 PM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »


Russo, startled pulls out his pistol as the man charges towards him and with a startled cry fires at him from near point plank range the cigarette falling from his lips to the decking.


AOO:19 I usually have really bad luck with zombies... STR check: 18 AND AGAIN!! what is with these rolls? lucks gotta run out sometime though I just prey it isn't any time soon. forgot about damage sorry Jace:7

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:26:29 AM by Tarotdragoon » Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2009, 01:25:16 AM »

The shot hits the man called Muta as he makes contact with Russo-- he was FAST though, way faster than one would expect from a man in his physical condition... and STRONG. You know that your shot hit him, but as soon as he hits you, you can feel yourself soaring backwards.

[[I need a damage roll please! Nice shot! oh, and check your Hit Points, they shouldn't still be at 22. Right?]]

Russo slams backwards into the mud-- prone, just in front of the porch of the Grateful Goat tavern. The wind is knocked out of you in a rush. You can see the boy looking shocked as all of this happens so fast.

Before you can react, Muta (who had fallen upon you) tries to grapple with you (using heroic Surge for that extra Action per day, sadly Russo has used his AoO for this round. So a second in this instance will not be available.

Alright. You need to beat a 19. Remember that A character's attack bonus on a grapple check is:

Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + grapple modifier)


Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2009, 02:36:03 AM »


before he even knows what's happening Russo is in the mud and being choked by the man atop him, why the hell was he so strong, he had had the wind knocked out of him has he had been thrown off the decking and was now scrabbling desperately with the man, trying to push him off crying out all the while.

grappling:12......uhh crap, knew it would turn....um HELP!!


« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:07:37 AM by Tarotdragoon » Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2009, 09:21:09 AM »

The filthy, growling man has succeeded in grappling Russo, who struggles wildly against the man's grip of steel!


I'm still awaiting your damage roll. Until that is taken care of, as far as I'm concerned the shot didn't go off yet. Thus no noise to hear.

And I just learned by double checking the rules, that a succesful grapple results in a unarmed attack againt the opponent.

Russo takes 8 damage!!!  Big Eyes


ROUND TWO
... And Russo! It is your turn.



« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:44:45 AM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2009, 09:36:34 AM »

damage fixed in the same spoiler as the shot damage was 7 what is he doing to Russo btw, pinning, damaging, drawing weapon etc.

Russo panicking, struggles with the man attempting to throw him off or reach down for his knife but to no avail the man was just unnaturally strong.


Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »

"I'll save you Russy!" The Kid cries as Russo notices that the Kid is swinging a heavy wrench down at the grappling pair.

He misses though and the wrench ends up buried halfway into the muddy muck next to the men.

"RATS!!" the Kid exclaims in frustration.


On Muta's action, he/it attempts to maintain his grapple, so again Russo needs to try and break free with an opposed Grapple Check.

If Muta's continued grapple is a success, then Russo will take 8 points damage.

However, it is NOW Russo's turn once again!


And where are the Brothers?  Confused

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:37:47 AM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »



once more Russo attempts to free himself from the grasp of the madman, he tangles with him, rolling around in the mud but again fails to get the upper hand as the crazed man proceeds to beat Russo round the face silencing any cries for help Russo attempts.

ughhhhh Bang Head where on earth did he get a +12!?  Blink
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:25:35 PM by Tarotdragoon » Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2009, 01:23:09 PM »


ughhhhh Bang Head where on earth did he get a +12!?

Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + grapple modifier
3 + 4 + 5 = 12


Russo is grappled, but NOT Pinned BTW, this means you can do stuff on your turn too!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:28:38 PM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »

I wish I had a grapple modifier  Big Eyes

Russo, semi conscious and badly beaten tries to wriggle free. He wriggles and twists pushing the man away from him, staggers upright and runs away from him scarcely looking over his shoulder.

((30ft just sort of away. for the sake of things lets say he runs towards the well))

I must have revised this post like three times....
also just re-re-reread the grappling rules, I got a better hold on them now and revised my post as such

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:53:56 PM by Tarotdragoon » Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2009, 02:12:22 PM »

The sound of your pistol was nothing compared to the sound of Heather being fired from the front porch of the Grateful Goat Tavern.

Glancing over your shoulder, you see the boy, holding onto the heavy machine gun for dear life-- as the bullets rip into the mud where you had just been--

"DON'T YOU HURT MY FRIEND!!!" The Kid screams, his pre-pubescent voice holding a shrill pitch in the excitement.

Blood.
Muta screams in pain and fury!!! He fixes the boy with a look that could nearly kill. Wounded but not dead... the madman seems intent on revenge.

Another BOOM! immediately on the tail of the Boy's attack. More blood. Muta screams again, as you look to see Richard holding his buffalo rifle. Smoke trailing from the barrel. The smell of sulfur rich in the air around you all.

Muta, on his action gets up, and RUNS away, out into the deserted village. He is FAST and soon is out of your Line of Sight!

"Trouble?" Richard asks, a beaten, bruised, and bloodied Russo.

[[ 1d20-2=16 (+4 for Secret +1 for Mastercraft! a TOTAL of 21!!) ]]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:24:33 AM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2009, 02:32:49 PM »

Holy hell O_O


"we-we had it under control" pants Russo, crouched over hands on knees, he spits out a glob of blood and saliva into the mud and what may or may not have been a tooth.

limping he slowly shuffles back over to the tavern and the smoldering gun "nice going kid" he says horsely leaning on a post for support and looking wearily in the direction the man had fled, still panting Russo slides down the post ending up, slightly sprawled on the deck, leaving a long trail of mud on the support.

"Jesus what the hell was that guy" he says through ragged breaths, looking very much worse for ware.
Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2009, 05:12:11 PM »

At this point we'll jump back over to the Main thread once again!

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3947.msg159632#msg159632


Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!