http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 31, 2014, 10:08:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Factotum of War Modified?  (Read 1430 times)
Silent Wayfarer
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

Email
« on: March 28, 2009, 05:23:58 AM »

So the basic concept of the Factotum of War is that it's a gestalt Factotum 20 / Warblade 20, giving it tons of skill points/versatility. H and amazing martial prowess. However, I was looking at the build and I was wondering what it would lose by swapping out 5 levels of Warblade for Swashbuckler 3 and Iaijutsu Master 2, for INT to damage and AC and CHA to initiative, and overall, whether it would be a good idea.

Ideas, chaps?
Operation Shoestring
King Kong

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:31:37 AM »

So the basic concept of the Factotum of War is that it's a gestalt Factotum 20 / Warblade 20, giving it tons of skill points/versatility. H and amazing martial prowess. However, I was looking at the build and I was wondering what it would lose by swapping out 5 levels of Warblade for Swashbuckler 3 and Iaijutsu Master 2, for INT to damage and AC and CHA to initiative, and overall, whether it would be a good idea.

Ideas, chaps?

Iaijustu Master 5 can be very mean if you're loosing 5 levels anyway.  CHA *TIMES* number of iaijutsu dice to hit.  Very breakable.

woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »

Factotum 20 isn't all that necessary. The SLAs are nice, but a gestalted Factotum 8/Chameleon 10/IJM2//Warblade 20.

Great capstone, floating bonus feat to get a new maneuver every damn day, extra actions... Or go Factotum 11/Chameleon 9, for ignoring SR (though with CL boosters this is probably not that great, plus this build loses 2 CLs).

Akalsaris
Hong Kong

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 04:06:20 PM »

I would almost never trade the last 5 levels of warblade maneuvers and dual stance for int to dmg and cha to initiative, especially since cha isn't a very important factotum or warblade stat. 

Swapping out the last 2 levels of factotum for something else is probably a good idea though - even a simple chameleon 2 would get the floating feat, wouldn't it?

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: