http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 30, 2014, 11:10:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com
 
   Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 37352 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Flay Crimsonwind
Hong Kong
****
Posts: 1310


Watching the World Burn in Magnificence


Email
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2009, 03:11:54 AM »

"Excellent; you're a great help. It would be marvelous for you to send those belongings, tarp and all, to the inn. You can't know how much my friends and I thank you." Giving him a last nod, and a handshake, Eisen exits the small building, before nodding to Richard. Picking up his pack - notably, he'd never put down the rifle, or even had to hike it back up on his shoulder - he motions for Richard to follow him. As he starts to walk away, slowly so his companion could catch up, he says without even turning to look at him, "I think we're done here; everything should have been taken care of. Lets go find the others..."

Eisen starts walking into town, hopefully next to Richard as opposed to far ahead of him, as per directions to the tavern.
Logged

jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2009, 08:54:07 AM »

[[ I'm going to say for ease of progression, and since everyone IS heading to the same location... that Richard and Eisen will have caught up to Russo...

But they're not the only ones! Dr. Loder, Max, and Sgt. Kestrel have just come up on Russo as well! (All of you are in the sprawling area known as the market, and are heading towards the same hotel.)

You may have a little catching up to do as far as relevant information to share... ]]


Traveling with Kestrel, Max, and Loder are two Guatemalan men, both with matching straw cowboy hats and red trousers. The shorter of the two is leading a horse (loaded up with Group B's personal gear).

Russo, had been looking into the crowd just before Loder came up with his greeting...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:38:51 AM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Nanshork
Man in Gorilla Suit
*****
Posts: 2146


BOO!


Email
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »

Richard nods at his erstwhile companions.
Logged

My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self
BowenSilverclaw
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 5337


Walking that fine line between genius and insanity


Email
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »

John greets his companions as well, glad to see they appear to have made it to Santa Boca without any trouble as well.
Logged

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.  
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2009, 10:43:08 AM »

The boy approaches the now larger group. He has a smile on his face, as if he has made up his mind about something.


¡Hola! ¡Buena dias, señores!"
He says cheerfully. "I have a message to deliver to you. There is... someone who wishes to see you. Come with me, por favor." He has an urgent expression on his face.
Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
j0lt
Hong Kong
****
Posts: 1317


Browncoat


« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2009, 10:49:11 AM »

Dr. Loder looks at the boy.  "¿Adónde vamos?"
Logged

PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2009, 10:51:43 AM »

"You'll see señore."
The kid seems a bit impatient. He starts to head to the north... he stops about twenty feet away before he turns to look at the group. He waves his hand, "Come ON!"
Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Nanshork
Man in Gorilla Suit
*****
Posts: 2146


BOO!


Email
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »

Richard shrugs and follows, wary of danger.
Logged

My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2009, 05:10:17 PM »


Russo greeted his companions reasonably heartily with a "Oh there you are, hope the boat journey wasn't too rough, glad to have you back Doc, it was smooth sailing for us" he nods, caught up with greeting he momentarily forgets about the trailing boy as he approaches them

The boy approaches the now larger group. He has a smile on his face, as if he has made up his mind about something.


¡Hola! ¡Buena dias, señores!"
He says cheerfully. "I have a message to deliver to you. There is... someone who wishes to see you. Come with me, por favor." He has an urgent expression on his face.

"whoh kid, slow down, who wants see us again?" he puts a hand on the doctor's chest as he goes to follow and watches the boy run off "patience doc, do you know where he's taking us?" not quite sure of what to make and more than a little paranoid Russo looks about quickly rubbernecking around,

((sense motive: 12 Spot: 14))

Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
Flay Crimsonwind
Hong Kong
****
Posts: 1310


Watching the World Burn in Magnificence


Email
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2009, 08:38:09 PM »

Only just getting to the group through the crowd of people, Eisen watches the boys leading actions, then as he speaks to the doctor slowly watches behind them, and all around while thinking. On the one hand, it could be a trap, but noone should have seen them enter without dismissing them. Then again, the dock officer had given Russo a strange look, the boy went straight to Russo, and the SS made good use of the innocent children and young girls of any locality they needed to keep eyes on. Then again, they were supposed to meet with a man being hunted by SS, so the boy might actually make some sense.

Then again, this was mostly what Eisen was hired for; espionage and anti-nazi operations. Knowing he had a loaded rifle and a handgun next to his trusty knuckles, he wasn't incredibly worried. The child didn't matter, fist or a bullet could put that traitor down; Russo had the right idea though, and Eisen noted the hurried suspicious glances of his partner as he took his own slower look around, noting the crowd, but also windows, alleys, and rooftops. The doctor could deal with the child.

Takes ten on both, slowly taking his time contemplating and being certain not to miss anything.
Spot: 15 vs market surroundings
Sense Motive: 18 vs child for trust
Logged

jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2009, 12:36:17 AM »

The boys eyes widen when they fall across Eisen, dressed in his German fatigues. He looks startled for a moment, then he ducks into an alley about 20 feet from you, out of sight.

Around you the Market's bazaar atmosphere of commerce and haggling continues unabated. No shots ring out, no unseen assailants lurking. A fish monger shouts loudly about his fresh merchandise. Next to him an old woman with a wrinkled face sells colorful shawls like the one she herself is wearing over her hunched form. She gives a toothless grin, waving to passers-by

That kid could be running away, and with him your chance to find out who sent him... or he could be hiding just around the corner, perhaps waiting in ambush?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:40:31 PM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Flay Crimsonwind
Hong Kong
****
Posts: 1310


Watching the World Burn in Magnificence


Email
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2009, 02:10:14 AM »

'Shit. Of course the uniform had to be inconvenient at some point.' "I don't think we have much to worry about from the kid. Russo, he was coming up to you; might be a good idea to go with someone... less German, and explain things. He probably wont outrun you.

If he's connected to the contact, whom by the way is being hunted by the SS, we're going to need him. I don't want to be looking for a man who doesn't want to be found, when we could be getting a faster start."
Then remembering, he approaches Kestrel, "The dock master is having your gear sent to the Caribbean Hideaway Inn, which he thinks is a better hotel to be staying at. The other option has been primarily rented out by the German armed forces... so we should be alright. It should be there in two hours or so. Oh, and it might have a tarp full of machine guns as well, if Russo's belongings get shipped as well like I asked."
((Oh, yeah, hate me cause I look like a nazi!  ))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:15:03 AM by Flay Crimsonwind » Logged

Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2009, 04:24:29 AM »


Glancing down to see if the kid was still there he nods to Eisen "Ok we'll give it a shot, I'm not good with kids though" slowly he moves past the group, still keeping his eyes out for any sign of german activity (other than Eisen of course), he moves past the old woman giving her a curt nod and smiling but quickly flicking his eyes back to the kid's hiding place,
"You guys sit tight, I'll see what he wants"  moving to the alleyway he leans forward past the grubby corner looking for the boy

"Hey boy," he says trying to sound friendly but mostly failing "you still here?"

((handle animal?? lol Tongue))
Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
BowenSilverclaw
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 5337


Walking that fine line between genius and insanity


Email
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2009, 06:04:59 AM »

Greeting Eisen, John replies "Thanks for taking care of that, I appreciate it. We had decided on the Caribbean Hideaway Inn as well, seeing as the Jag' & Wolf is being commandeered by the SS."

He then eyes his surroundings looking for anything suspicious.

Spot: 26

Content to see there seems to be nothing suspicious going on he waits for Russo to catch up with the boy to find out what this is all about.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 10:16:58 AM by BowenSilverclaw » Logged

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.  
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2009, 11:35:27 AM »


Glancing down to see if the kid was still there he nods to Eisen "Ok we'll give it a shot, I'm not good with kids though" slowly he moves past the group, still keeping his eyes out for any sign of german activity (other than Eisen of course), he moves past the old woman giving her a curt nod and smiling but quickly flicking his eyes back to the kid's hiding place,
"You guys sit tight, I'll see what he wants"  moving to the alleyway he leans forward past the grubby corner looking for the boy

"Hey boy," he says trying to sound friendly but mostly failing "you still here?"

Peeking his head out of the shadows of an alley doorway, Russo can see the brim of the boy's dusty blue hat. 

"Shhhh! I'm not supposed to let the Germans catch me, or else we're ALL in BIG trouble." The boy says in hushed tones. "... I'm not allowed to say more." he pauses for a moment before asking, "Is that Nazi gone yet? The one that was following you guys?"
Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
Tarotdragoon
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 15


a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously


Email
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2009, 07:45:49 AM »


Russo smirks a little at the kid hoping to put him at ease, "shhh, you can't tell anybody, but that grumpy looking german man over there" Russo points to Eisen "well he's actually on our side, he may look mean but he's really a good guy, promise" he straightens up
"so what's your name kid? who's told ya to find me?"
Logged



"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!
jacemachine
Moderator
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
*
Posts: 225


Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--

jacemachine
WWW Email
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »

The boy looks out over at the German, and sees that he's standing amongst the group. To Russo he says, "I told you that I can't say. It's not safe to say. Just follow me and I'll take you to him." He says exiting the shadows. "I just know that he's waiting for you and your amigos. Now are you guys coming or aren't you? Ask all the questions you want when you see him."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:06:59 AM by jacemachine » Logged

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer
j0lt
Hong Kong
****
Posts: 1317


Browncoat


« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2009, 11:44:11 AM »

Dr. Loder observes silently throughout the discussion and finally shrugs his shoulders.  "I don't see why anyone would go to the trouble to set up an elaborate trap like this when nobody knows who we are or why we're here."

With that he turns and follows the kid.
Logged

PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw
Organ Grinder
*****
Posts: 5337


Walking that fine line between genius and insanity


Email
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »

"I guess we'll see how this plays out..." and with that John follows the Doctor, one hand on his hip just in case.
Logged

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.  
Nanshork
Man in Gorilla Suit
*****
Posts: 2146


BOO!


Email
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2009, 12:25:54 PM »

Richard follows.  He seems to be perfectly at ease but he is constantly on the lookout for danger.
Logged

My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!