Go to the main thread for a metric assload of links
Each time we record, we watch a video or find a picture to get us in the mood for the episode. It doesn’t always have anything to do with the episode, but frames our minds, so we’re going to share so you can be appropriately framed as well.
* Aww! This dog wants to catch the squirrel of his dreams so badly!
* Do you remember the Watchmen Saturday Morning Cartoon?
* We retold our Writer’s Retreat in Las Vegas stories. Funnier than any link we could follow.
* We went to Jiffycon
* Josh went to Unclemonsterface
* We are going to Icon
* We went to Las Vegas on a writers retreat
* Strippers are cool, some of them are from Hawaii
* Meg went to St Louis
* People from St Louis are surly
* Bearswarm Rob is cool
* Luke is awesome (and an awesome doctor)
* Adam is a wholly owned subsidiary of Melina Enterprises
* Adams Dad is cool
* Lap Children
* Meg is too much of a pussy to describe Serenity on mic.
* And is really nice in describing the Serenity adventure
* Zeke is now forbidden to drink during the podcast (that’s what that noise is).
* Cold War - Confusing
* Bohnanza - Incredible
* Inspectres – Really Good
* Serenity – Utter Shite
We ask for feedback
The list of Don’ts
1 – Criticize someone while talking to them
“if you weren’t so lazy or stupid we wouldn’t have these problems.”
criticizing, blame, judgments, put downs, diagnoses
2 – Deny responsibility
Putting responsibility on some thing else (a person thing or institution)
“Daddy and I are splitting up because you cry”
take responsibility for your own actions
3 – Use words that imply evaluation not observation
“I feel raped”
I statements are shit
attacked, blamed, criticized, insulted, isolated
4 - Fail at active listening
No autobiographical statements – don’t “one up” them
“You think you have it bad…”
No inquisitive questions – don’t interrogate them
”really? How far up the ass?”
5 - Try to solve their problems
“What you need to do is grow a beard”
this is “problem solving” not “actually solving problems”
The Diminutive Nick Name - Try these out in your next conversation
Ace, Boss, Champ, Chief, Junior, Kiddo, Scooter, Skipper, Slick, Slugger, Sparky, Sport, Tiger
Babe, Cupcake, Cutie, Darlin’, Dollface, Hotlips, Princess, Pumpkin, Shorty, Sugar, Sweetheart, Toots
Ideas from the episode:
* It is your fault
* You are contributing to the Problem
* It just takes 1 person to think win-win
* people are not being jerkbags for no reason
* Actual inappropriate behavior
* what about the quiet and timid? The passive wallflower is just as bad as the aggressive asshole, maybe worse
* logistical problems
* Making threats or ultimatums
* justifications of punishment
* don’t let it fester
* Tyranny of the Hawt
* Make serious medical inquiry’s and be nice to people with crippling medical conditions
* You’re not playing the game right
* You are responsible for your own decisions
* “oldest Johnas brother” is a call on trait
* post hoc Justification
* stand behind any reasoning’s you use in a game
* example of taking responsibility
* Fuck E-Prime
* you don’t have to say everything that you feel
* take responsibility for your feelings
* don’t be passive aggressive, be aggressive aggressive
* retards disease is a serious problem
* don’t just wait for your turn to speak
* the reason we have a podcast
Last week’s answer is revealed! Which one of us was a nerd because of Star Trek?
This week’s question: Which one of us kept rats as pets?
* We put show updates and random goodies on Meg’s Twitter, Josh’s Twitter and Zeke’s Twitter.
* Join our Facebook Group!
* Check out Meg’s Facebook Page!
* Email us at GM@BrilliantGameologists.com