http://brilliantgameologists.com
April 24, 2017, 01:28:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sode #31: Venues: Comfort vs. Focus  (Read 8114 times)
Meg
Message Board Extraordinaire
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:34:44 PM »

This episode has been published!
http://brilliantgameologists.com/blog/69

This image is vital to the show:

Stunning, yes?

Also, vote on the new trivia question!  Who do you think it was??
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:39:58 AM by Meg » Logged

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:40:57 AM »

Also, I uploaded this episode differently than others- I uploaded it directly to our host instead of rerouting through podbean.  This is how we want all shows to be, so please let me know if you notice anything different about this one! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
Prak, the Mad
Donkey Kong

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »

you gamed in mexico at a luxury resort... so you really weren't in mexico at all...

Dumb-Age Master
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

Abuser of Feather Token, Tree.

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »

I'd say that Zeke made movies in highschool.
Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »

you gamed in mexico at a luxury resort... so you really weren't in mexico at all...

Very very true.  My point was more that I was a luxury resort and gamed. 

Prak, the Mad
Donkey Kong

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:27 PM »

Very very true.  My point was more that I was a luxury resort and gamed. 
which is a good point in and of itself.

I just kinda habitually point out that tourist mexico isn't mexico... you can thank my high school junior year english professor for that, I guess...

Dumb-Age Master

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 12:00:27 AM »

Someone should make a sophisticated 3D representation of this graph, complete with a Z axis for no apparent reason.

Oh! And I just noticed! No douche bag of the week? That's one of my favorite things about BG!
Darth Krzysztof
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Texan Metal Sith Lord

darthkrzysztof
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 09:24:38 AM »

Also, I uploaded this episode differently than others- I uploaded it directly to our host instead of rerouting through podbean.  This is how we want all shows to be, so please let me know if you notice anything different about this one! 

I haven't seen it pop up in the iTunes feed yet, but that's about it.

MOO!

Cold Blood - my chat-based D&D v.3.5 Planescape campaign.

Read my diatribe about chat-based gaming here.
Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 09:27:47 AM »

I haven't seen it pop up in the iTunes feed yet, but that's about it.

MOO!

What feed address are you using?  If it's http://brilliantgameologists.com/feed it should've been there.  If the feed had podbean in it then it wouldn't.  We're moving away from using the podbean account, hence the difference this time around.

Darth Krzysztof
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Texan Metal Sith Lord

darthkrzysztof
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »

What feed address are you using?  If it's http://brilliantgameologists.com/feed it should've been there.  If the feed had podbean in it then it wouldn't.  We're moving away from using the podbean account, hence the difference this time around.

It was a broken feed address, apparently. (I think it was the one provided by iTunes? Don't remember now.)

Anyway, the one you provided me works, and gives me the excuse I needed to go back and listen to some old episodes.

As for my usual venue, I play online. I'm comfortably seated in my office, with all my books in easy reach. I am missing out on that special magic that you get when you're gathered around the table, but oh well.

Cold Blood - my chat-based D&D v.3.5 Planescape campaign.

Read my diatribe about chat-based gaming here.
Prak, the Mad
Donkey Kong

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 06:34:18 AM »

am I the only one wondering where the hell Meg and Josh gamed?

hmm... Lights, heat, shower, semi-public...
public gym?

Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »

Smirk

What I'll say is that the building had security guards, which I didn't realize patrolled.  One came in while we were playing Dominion. 

"Hi I told him.
"Hi." He pet my 2 dogs who are smiling with their whole bodies that there is someone new to pet them and fighting with each other over who gets pet first. "Is he going to bite?" the guard asked me. Mind, there are two dogs there.
"No, they are friendly."
Awkward silence. I stood there, waiting for him to ask where I worked or if I was allowed to be in the building or how long I was staying, any of that.

Him: "What kind of dogs are these?"
Me: "Pugs"
Him: "Oh." Silence again. "What kind of pugs?"
Me: "Just pugs. There aren't really kinds of pugs."
Him: "Oh." silence. "Are they Boston Terriers?"
Me: "No, they're pugs."
Him: "Oh. they sort of look like Boston Terriers"
Me: "Yeah, pugs and Boston Terriers both have the short nose and are about the same size."
Him: "Oh." It's my turn in the game and I can see my friends sort of tap their feet, waiting for me to come back.

Him: "I saw something on Animal Planet about pugs. A documentary."
Me" "Really? That sounds cool."
Him: "Yeah, I learned that they can't reproduce alone. They can't reproduce by themselves."
Me: "Well... they're mammals... so no, they can't." (will save to suppress wise ass statement totally failed)
Him: "Yeah. I learned that their hips were too high" (he's grabbing my male dog to demonstrate) "And they can't do it on their own."
Me: "well... these two had puppies a few months ago so I'm pretty sure they figured it out."

He petted them for a little while longer and then just left.

The87
Ring-Tailed Lemur

trapdom87
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »

This show was right up my ally...

Awesome show. A big old chart visual aid and lots of off topic discussion involving a cow.

Well done!   Clap

Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 03:57:49 PM »

I love charts and graphs.  If I was in charge of the show we'd have them for every episode! 

SorO_Lost
Man in Gorilla Suit

I'll kill you before you're born.

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 04:16:34 PM »

Is the stick figure in the upper right trying to drag the smoking one away by pulling on their hair? O.o
It sounds like a fun time, maybe, but not quite comfortable...

Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
Talen Lee
Bi-Curious George

Forum Ninja

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 03:13:37 AM »

I love charts and graphs.  If I was in charge of the show we'd have them for every episode! 
I think that there have been many times where if you guys had had a chart to work with, you'd have arrived at a point with less faffing around. Tongue

Gunna have a re-listen and see if I have any more useful commentary. The end of year period has gotten me extra grouchy so I'm kinda afraid of giving meaninglessly mean non-feedback.

Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »

I totally agree.  It would have clarified the end goal and the route there better. 

And what's more- this episode's entire prep was talking about the graph- it was 1/2 the time at least prepping than with most other episodes. 

Goal set!

Dumb-Age Master

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 11:31:37 AM »

You know, I just thought of something:

You should be happy it was a cow and something like a...Tarrasque.

What kind of noise does a Tarrasque make, anyway?
Talen Lee
Bi-Curious George

Forum Ninja

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 06:29:36 PM »

Whatever sound it wants to make.

Wordman
Ring-Tailed Lemur

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 06:42:50 PM »

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:04:05 AM by Wordman » Logged

Ctrl ]
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print