http://brilliantgameologists.com
November 01, 2014, 01:16:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Chapter One: Thicker Than...?  (Read 4113 times)
emissary666
King Kong

Email
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »

Two? I only brought one friend for security. Reaper turns around and draws his rapier. YOU! WHO ARE YOU?

I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason
dark_samuari
Hong Kong

Email
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2008, 02:12:28 PM »

"I am Woodrick Clearance and I mean to pray for my very soul today good sir! Now if you don't mind, I wish to open myself to thy's lord's blessing," Arthur says attempting to walk by the two of them into the church.

Bluff Check: 1d20+9= 22
emissary666
King Kong

Email
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »

Reaper shrugs, Pray somewhere else. One of the priests here is a murderer.

I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »

"All right. That's enough outta you. I've already kicked you out of here once before. If you want to pray at the church, that's fine, but leave the priestess alone. She's very busy."

kashin
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »

excuse me, I'm sorry to be bothersome, but I would like to speak to Lady Grimm. This man, pointing to reaper has accused her of killing him and before I take action one way or the other I would like to hear her side.
he steps 30 feet closer, keeping reaper within 15. he extends his free hand palm up
if possible, I seek to arbitrate

he is telling the truth so no bluff but if he needs a diplomacy hear it is (1D20-1=16)
emissary666
King Kong

Email
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2008, 05:35:32 PM »

Reaper slaps his hand to his forehead, The man I hired to help me now is betraying me, why does that sound like my kind of luck. He turns to a priest, Can you at least tell me how that murderous bitch got to such a high rank?

I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2008, 01:37:10 AM »

"I know the difference between a sinner and a saint." A statuesque woman stands before Reaper, Droma, and "Woodrick," dressed in white priest robes with gold trim. "And when I left you there, dead on the floor, in the midst of so much destruction, it's only because I didn't want to go to hell for letting you live! This wretched man killed many people! The lives he ruined still haunt me to this day. I can only hope that my service to the the gods and the souls of the lost can save me. Oh please, don't take my word for it. Why don't you take him back to our hometown, you murderer! Then you can see the horror that he has wraught! If you please, I'll even take you there myself!" She stares off into space for a moment.
"But right now... this city needs me. And I need to stay here. Once the festival is over, if you like, I can take you there, and show you firsthand the horrors that the survivors faced. Now please leave, or I will have you expelled from the church, and maybe even the city if you try me more, Reaper. You are not welcome in this holy place. You are incapable of asking for redemption, and you cannot stay here unti you change that."

She turns to Droma. "Are you his friend? Be warned: this man is an uncaring monster. You're only safe around him as long as he wants you."

kashin
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2008, 03:54:28 AM »

I know of uncaring monsters all to well droma eyes reaper
In dark speech
they raised me
emissary666
King Kong

Email
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2008, 08:46:51 AM »

I object to that. Remember that raven? I took care of that!

Feel free to have some way that Reaper took care of the raven through others suffering
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:44:10 PM by emissary666 » Logged

I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2008, 12:55:39 PM »

She throws up her hands and turns around. "Take him out of here, I'm sick of this."

emissary666
King Kong

Email
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2008, 07:09:17 PM »

But my "friend" wants to "arbitrate", whatever the hell that means.

I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2008, 11:08:19 PM »

The crude guard pipes in: "It means that he wants to, eh, figure out what's goin' on. Personally I think we're wastin' our time on you. Now get outta here, and maybe tomorrow we can go on a ghost hunt out to New Nowhere looking for god knows what."

kashin
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2008, 01:35:13 AM »

a poorly articulated but sound idea, Droma taps reaper on the shoulder with his wrist and walks out, gesturing for reaper to follow

if reaper follows
droma wispers mater of factly her plan sounds like the most resonable, I have no intention of attacking a church full of palidins and the like. As for the arbitration, I like to know all the facts before a situation and it will probably come down to who will pay me more anyway.
dark_samuari
Hong Kong

Email
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2008, 04:09:52 AM »

"Why I never... Church is no place for an argument I tell you what! I mean, besides how much you love the lord. Haha! Am I right or what?" Arthur says walking through the Church and sitting down at any available seat. "Maybe this dame will start getting real, I want to see what bones was so furious about. Maybe I can use her against him and if not she's not too hard on the eyes. Yeah...," he thinks to himself.   

Bluff Check:1d20+9=27
JaronK
Organ Grinder

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2008, 05:50:01 AM »

Dorial

Meanwhile, in a completely unrelated tangent, Dorial heads towards the church in hopes of joining in the various competitions he's heard about.  He is currently leading his mighty donkey, Courage, and whistling a soft tune.  His blade is cold against his wrist, but well hidden, and his bow is slung over his shoulder.

Take 20 to use Sleight of Hand to hide his quickrazor, resulting in a 35

emissary666
King Kong

Email
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »

Reaper follows, She killed me and now she's a high priestess! DAMN HER!

I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

kashin
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »

Droma gos looking for tournaments or contests for casters to participate in
emissary666
King Kong

Email
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2008, 06:02:16 PM »

Reaper wanders off to find a dueling contest, itching to make use of Paimon

I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2008, 09:54:20 AM »

You each find one, see your threads.

EDIT: And dorial, your thread's been updated too.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: