http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 25, 2014, 04:37:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Game thread  (Read 5348 times)
Kaelik
Donkey Kong

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 06:00:51 PM »

Rollanor glances up, a frown on his face, "There are no Planar Ice Lords, so I don't see what good that's going to do anyone. In the meantime, I don't think sleep is much of an issue, we don't have time for it. And we can always return here to sleep.

Let's just get going.
woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »

Yes, that'd probably be best. Water first, eh. I'll need some time to research what spells would be useful. Besides my normal assortment, of course. What? No, burning THEM would not be an appropriate solution either.
Edits like it never even happened.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:21:17 PM by woodenbandman » Logged

Jaggyd
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »

She looks to the one who spoke. "Roight. No' ice, water. Auld habits." The blade-crested pauldrons rise and fall as she shrugs.

Jaggyd reaches down and shoulders her pack and unscrews the cap of a flask for a swig. She nods to Rollanor's statement about rest.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:53:18 PM by Jaggyd » Logged
Judging Eagle
Domesticated Capuchin Monkey

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 02:44:01 AM »

While the others kept speaking, Innards softly chipred and chittered, clicked and clacked to itself.

Innards had been twisting its head from side to side and nodding his head to some unheard tune. The chipring stopped.

"::chirp:: Stop-op. I need-eed to-oo breathe-eathe air-er. ::chitter::"

The claws went to the twitching mandibles of the helmet, or head, of the creature, and began to stroke the fang-tipped mouth extensions in what appeared to be a pensive act.

Knowledge (the Planes) (1d20+21=38)

The question he's asking himself: What do I need for this sort of place? Things to breathe water, or things to survive cold, or what?

Name kept out of inertia. Thirteen years and counting.
Prak, the Mad
Donkey Kong

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 03:23:53 AM »

"So now we're thinking water first? I think our dear bug here was asking the right question to begin with, what's easiest?" Mu looks to the side at Innards, "Pelor's gleaming ass, kid, are you okay there?"

Psychic Robot
Bi-Curious George

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 04:30:24 AM »

With a soft chuckle, Serase says, Pelor gives his regards, but he's not quite sure if Innards is in his right mind.
woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 09:29:41 AM »

It seems to me that Legs here is afraid of the water. Don't worry, legs, I'm sure that one of us has a spell that will make you feel like you're walking around in broad daylight down there.

Tshern
Clown Prince of Crime
Organ Grinder

Aistii valoa auttavasti

miikamartemo@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 10:58:34 AM »

"I need to pray for me magics daily, but I require no specific amount of rest. However, I am not sure if my current spell reserves are enough to protect us from the possible planar effects we might face, but given an hour of preparation I could probably reallocate my magical resources again. Any ideas or wishes?"

OOC: We have an hour right? I can change pretty much all of my spells (not those I have already cast) if needed. I've got a single Avoid planar effects, but I could prepare it a few times more and some other planar spells as well... Edit: Planar tolerance! 1 h/level for all of us!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:00:24 AM by Tshern » Logged

Ja vuosia myöhemmin
kalvas kaksikko lattialla motellin tihrustelee,
kun sama keiju katossa leijailee.
Kyselevät: "Mikä päivä nyt on?
Tiedätkö sen?"
Kuiskaten laulaa keiju:
"Tämän elämän viimeinen."

Handy Links
Ubernoob
Man in Gorilla Suit

Happy Panda

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »

[spoiler=OOC]Spell selections aren't set until the first encounter starts.  Consider yourself to have enough idea of the situation to have prepared your spells well.[/spoiler]

Ubernoob is a happy panda.
Kaelik
Donkey Kong

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »

I need no spell to avoid planar effects if we visit the water plane. I require no breathing, and have already prepared myself for aquarian combat.
Judging Eagle
Domesticated Capuchin Monkey

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 03:28:32 PM »

"No :cheep::, curses-es to the day stars! Darkness-ess is friend. Shadows-ez are a leaf to hide beneath-eath while stalking thirst quenching-ing prey-ey. ::chitter:: I only want to have-ave not drowning. I need-eed air for this wrong-ong body to live. ::squeek::"

"We will need-eed."

As the creature chittered and hunched over in thought, it suddenly stood upright and looked as if reassesing its surroundings.

"Dust of Dryness. It destroys water elementals, or harms them if it fails to destroy."

Before hunching over again and chittering.

"::Cheee:: Does anyone here-ere have."

((OOC: Any specific spells or gear that works versus things from the Water Plane? All I can come up with is Dust of Dryness, and I figure a 38 and a 34 should give some more ideas, but I'm drawing a blank. This place is full of Elementals? or other stuff as well?))

Name kept out of inertia. Thirteen years and counting.
Tshern
Clown Prince of Crime
Organ Grinder

Aistii valoa auttavasti

miikamartemo@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »

[spoiler=OOC]I sure as hell prepared Freedom of movement, Water breating and Planar tolerance just to be sure.

My buff list for combat is as follows: Greater anticipate teleport, Mass Lesser vigor, Freedom of movement, Greater magic weapon, Magic vestment, Planar tolerance, Combat readiness, Overland flight, Conviction, Undetectable alignment, Tyche's touch and Superior resistance.[/spoiler]

Ja vuosia myöhemmin
Tiedätkö sen?"
Kuiskaten laulaa keiju:

Handy Links
Kaelik
Donkey Kong

Email
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »

I have several Dust of Dryness, though they are largely ineffective against elementals of any threat to us. I also have a few pellets from already filled dusts. It is part of my unique combat style to drown my enemies while I am prepared.

Certainly the rest of you should have a Freedom of Movement effect and some method of breathing if you wish to remain competitive against these elementals in their own realm.
Tshern
Clown Prince of Crime
Organ Grinder

Aistii valoa auttavasti

miikamartemo@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 10:33:50 AM »

"We can all use some healing and weapon improvements. I suggest I will enchant our armors and weapons as well as make sure we can keep pushing forwards. Do you have something against this idea? After these preparations, I am ready to go."

Ja vuosia myöhemmin
Tiedätkö sen?"
Kuiskaten laulaa keiju:

Handy Links
woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 12:17:36 PM »

Sheredak bends himself over, before snapping upright in a surge of brilliant green energy. His eyes now glow with a green fire, and his actions are much faster, as if time rolls on for everyone but him. He seems to jump from place to place, as if you weren't seeing the entire range of his motions, and some areas were...missing.

"Aaaaah," he breathes. "This boost of speed will help tremendously. Does anyone have a wand or a staff that we might need on a regular basis? I now have the speed to use it and still cast my spells."

Persisted Greater Blink and Arcane Spellsurge.

Tshern
Clown Prince of Crime
Organ Grinder

Aistii valoa auttavasti

miikamartemo@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »

"Use this wisely, it makes it harder for the enemies to dodge our blows."

Laura hands Sheredak a black wand with no inscriptions whatsoever. The magical energy was there, but the looks of the wand give no hint of its power.

A wand of Ray of clumsiness, 1d6+1 penalty to dexterity score

Ja vuosia myöhemmin
Tiedätkö sen?"
Kuiskaten laulaa keiju:

Handy Links
woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2008, 01:05:29 PM »

Sheredak bows, and catches his glasses as they are about to fall off his nose. "Thank you, this should be quite useful. Well, shall we be off? It's been awfully fun to stand about here, but it seems that we're not making the best use of our time. Unless everyone isn't ready yet?"
Does this spell have a save? Because if so I'll start binding Karsus in the future for +2 to the DC Big Grin, but not today, since I'm probably going to need the cold/electricity immunity.

Tshern
Clown Prince of Crime
Organ Grinder

Aistii valoa auttavasti

miikamartemo@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »

No save, just SR and ranged touch attack.

Ja vuosia myöhemmin
Tiedätkö sen?"
Kuiskaten laulaa keiju:

Handy Links
Kaelik
Donkey Kong

Email
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 03:34:09 PM »

Well, let's head through then. Anyone need Freedom of Movement? I can cast it.
woodenbandman
Man in Gorilla Suit

Email
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »

I can as well. Would you mind or should I do it for myself?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
  Print  

Jump to: