http://brilliantgameologists.com
May 25, 2017, 02:41:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Jiffy Con Lowell URGENT  (Read 7215 times)
Zeke
Brilliant Gameologist
Bi-Curious George

Email
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:48:39 AM »

We are hosting Jiffy Con Lowell at Middlesex Community College’s City Building cafeteria ( 33 Kearney Square Lowell Ma 0-1850) Saturday November 8th 2008.

registration is 10$ in advance/15$ at the door. If you are interested in running a game let us know. It is a one day con centred around playing games, especially indie games. We still need GMs and we have spots available for players. Email zeke@brilliantgameologists.com   if you are interested
Robert Bohl
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:45:18 PM »

I'm super-excited about running my game there.

Josh
Brilliant Gameologist
Grape ape

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:53:29 PM »

I'm super-excited about running my game there.

I'm getting my high five hand in shape.

Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009
Rebel7284
Grape ape

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:48:37 AM »

Approximately what time are you looking to start the events?

Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286
Meg
Message Board Extraordinaire
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »

The schedule is here:
http://www.jiffycon.com/schedule.html

The first game starts at 9:00 am! 

We are still looking for registrants!  We're hoping for about 30 people total- so it's small and intimate.  A good time is assured!

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
Rebel7284
Grape ape

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 09:36:02 PM »

Is anyone coming from New York City?  I don't drive and I'd be very happy to split gas.

Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286
Zeke
Brilliant Gameologist
Bi-Curious George

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »

Jiffy Con for November 8th has been re-secheduled for December 6th, same location and start time. We are hoping to coordinate the event with a multi-regional one shot game day. Anyone who has questions can email me at zeke@brilliantgameologists.com
Meg
Message Board Extraordinaire
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 03:36:16 PM »

There is still time to come!  We have some awesome games happening and a decent crowd so it 'll be a ton of fun.  I can even offer up floor space to crash on if needed, dinner on Friday, and pick up from the Lowell train station for anyone coming from Boston or further.

I'd love to meet more boards folk!

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
Zeke
Brilliant Gameologist
Bi-Curious George

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »

the event got mentioned on a local radio station.

http://www.wbcn.com/pages/3080610.php?&itmBlogDomainUrl=http://dungeonmasterjim-wbcn.itmblog.com/2008/12/05/warp-speed-to-the-weekend-of-125-127/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:49:37 PM by Zeke » Logged
Robert Bohl
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 12:54:59 PM »

This is a post that I made over on the Western Massive board when asked how JiffyCon went.

It went quite well. I ran Misspent Youth and confirmed that a rules tweak that Evan, Joshua, Kat, and I sussed out is a keeper. Also, they enjoyed the game. The Mormontologists were trying to stop the kids from importing coffee into Los Angeles.

I also ran Primetime Adventures and renewed my love for that system. We played a surprisingly serious game about a fight for captainship on a garbage scow completing a run between Mars and the asteroid belt. Everyone who left that table left it squidging with enthusiasm over PTA. I was overcome with evangelical joy. Games will be bought from that session.

There were marvelous meatballs with huge chunks of garlic floating in the sauce, wonderful food for breakfast (Brazilian egg sandwich) and dinner (tapas for 12) to be had in the area; a kid for Liam to play games, run around outside, and watch Avatar with; and a comfortable couch to sleep on. The night before I played this wonderful miniature combat game called D&D.

All around, great stuff.

Zeke
Brilliant Gameologist
Bi-Curious George

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 03:11:10 PM »

Even Though I am a nervous nelly who is never satidfied with anything I plan, I was happy with the result. I hope to bring in even more people next time, and to run a couple of games. I was very pleased to play robert's game and would have liked to have played PTA, but it was more important that the unitiated experience RPGS. No complaints from the college and actually some compliments on what good guests we were.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: