http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 30, 2014, 10:23:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sode #21: Don't Be the 7 Dwarfs (Player 03)  (Read 5690 times)
Meg
Message Board Extraordinaire
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« on: September 22, 2008, 01:15:38 AM »

http://brilliantgameologists.com/blog/51

Warm-Up:

Each time we record, we watch a video or find a picture to get us in the mood for the episode. It doesn't always have anything to do with the episode, but frames our minds, so we're going to share so you can be appropriately framed as well.

* Gaybar by Electric 6  for 2 reasons.  1) We love Electric 6 and are stocked about going to see them (again) on Fri 11/21in Cambridge MA at the Middle East.  2) Hotpants.  It reminds us of one of the Brilliant Fanologists at Gencon who wore hotpants for Meg.  Thanks Woodrow.

Icebreaker:

* DragonCon recap.  Meg represented the Brilliant Gameologists at DragonCon and the Parsec Awards.  Big thanks to Adam from the Podgecast for offering up hotel space and to Cam Banks from Margaret Weis Prodcutions for a great conversation and Jamie Chambers, also of MWP, for socializing even though we trashed your game.
          o Listen to Meg talk about DragonCon during the con on the Podgecast DragonCon Recap!

Douchebag of the Week:

* +1 Guy

Main Topic:

Don't be the 7 Dwarfs

1. Sleepy
   2. Sneezy
   3. Bashful
   4. Dopey
   5. Grumpy
   6. Happy
   7. Doc

Plugs

* Misspent Youth by Robert Bohl
    * DragonCon TV
    * New England Browncoat Yahoo Group

Reminder- we put show updates and random goodies on Meg's Twitter.  Don't miss out!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:54:05 AM by Meg » Logged

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
Kai
(rhymes with pie)
Honorary Moderator
Donkey Kong

Don't panic!

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:26:14 AM »

Suggestion: Update the main page with the episode, then post the related thread. I see the thread go up and I'm refreshing the main page like a junkie...

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi
Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:44:20 AM »

I actually do it like this for a reason-- in the post with the episode I include the link to this thread, so I have to make the thread first.

Also- I can't make the new post and then post here and then edit-- anyone who subscribes via RSS feed gets the first edition of the post, so I have to make it full and complete the first time. 

But-- it's up! 

We did the audio completely differently this time.  Like, more differently than ever before.  And it sucked monkey balls.  I had Josh and I on one channel and then Zeke on another.  Which would be cool because I could edit out one or the other if we talked over each other or whatnot, but our mics pick each other up and I had to go through and silence every microsecond and it took forever. 

I also did this in mono which I'm going to do from now on- don't think it affects anything but just FYI. 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
jcm
Domesticated Capuchin Monkey

I am information man

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 04:28:13 AM »

That commentary on Doc (the Marvel Superheros story) needs to be included with every copy of Mage.

That's a game I always wanted to love, but it always seemed to turn into "how to abuse what I learned in science class this week". Our gaming table hosted arguments like your tornado story pretty much every time we played.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:10:07 AM by jcm » Logged
Robert Bohl
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »

If I keep getting such homoerotic love for being tubby I'm going to have to rethink losing weight.

(This is a view into my poor decision making history.)

Josh
Brilliant Gameologist
Grape ape

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 02:31:24 AM »

Zeke has a pathological obsession with anything involving overweightedness.  I keep pushing for therapy.   

Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009
Zeke
Brilliant Gameologist
Bi-Curious George

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 07:57:42 AM »

That is about number 785 on the wait list of things I need therapy for.
JamieChambers
Monkey bussiness

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

Just listened to the episode. I am amused, and now feeling that my brain may need a hot shower.

I can neither confirm nor deny knowledge of any Dragon*Con-related events, other than the fact that I was there. Oh, and that I'm awesome for socialization, but if you want good conversation you need to go straight to Cam. Wink

** Jamie
otherdoc
Ring-Tailed Lemur

It Was a Photograph From Life!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 11:32:39 PM »

Greetings!

I just wanted to say I've been listening for a while and just wanted to let you know that this last episode was freaking hysterical.  Nicely done!!

Also, since you're on the subject of the 7 Dwarfs, I wonder if you've seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfHlA3fmJG0&feature=related

Disney got rather upset about it.    I can't imagine why.   Wink

(Just get about a minute into the video and you'll see what I'm talking about -- I may one day need therapy because of this video, BTW -- it's fairly PG/PG-13 as these things go, but it still screws with one's mind to no end).

Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »

That was awesome-- so dark, cool song.  Thanks for sharing!

I almost thought it was the song with the Nazi Kittens on Rather Good with the counting in German.

Thanks for joining!

SixthDeclension
King Kong

"Wit is educated insolence."

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »

Great episode guys!

I enjoyed all the snippets of musical songs and disney movies, very entertaining. Hilarious all the way through. And I noticed the mono. I think it worked better...at least for me.

My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.
Kai
(rhymes with pie)
Honorary Moderator
Donkey Kong

Don't panic!

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »

I thought the audio clarity of the episode was very good as well. Thus ends my technical critique.

Another fine episode all around.

I loved the part where Meg and Zeke were doing the "monologue." When I was in college I lived with a bunch of friends and one of the things we'd do around each other was try to work song lyrics into conversation (i.e. the monologue) and see how long it took the others to figure out that's what you were doing. It was also fun if someone figured it out but just joined in. "You can dance if you want to." "You can leave your friends behind." "Because your friends don't dance." "And if they don't dance, they're no friends of mine." Etc.

Darth Krzysztof
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Texan Metal Sith Lord

darthkrzysztof
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 01:47:35 AM »

Great episode, and I spent -all- morning watching Electric Six videos on Youtube. You've won them another fan - congratulations!

Cold Blood - my chat-based D&D v.3.5 Planescape campaign.

Read my diatribe about chat-based gaming here.
Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 06:55:31 AM »

Yay!    Clap

They are FANTASTIC live if you ever get the chance.

Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 07:38:43 PM »

Greetings!

I just wanted to say I've been listening for a while and just wanted to let you know that this last episode was freaking hysterical.  Nicely done!!

Also, since you're on the subject of the 7 Dwarfs, I wonder if you've seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfHlA3fmJG0&feature=related

So I had been looking for a costume for cons, etc for a long time, and thinking about this video, I think I want to put together a Sultry, naughty snow white costume.  Thanks for pointing this out- once again Smile

TheChrisWaits
Honorary Moderator
Curious George

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 08:47:27 PM »

I'd like to note that I do a little silent cheer every time I hear "they call it a clam for a reason" and I propose it be said at least once per episode. I'd possibly be willing to make it a drinking game, which says a lot considering I don't even drink.
Kai
(rhymes with pie)
Honorary Moderator
Donkey Kong

Don't panic!

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 10:01:48 PM »

A Brilliant Gameologists drinking game would be...brilliant.  Big Grin

Zeke breaks into song - take a shot.
Josh mentions how much the game Vampire sucks - take a shot.
Meg makes a comment that will inevitably make all the fanboys swoon - take a shot.

AfterCrescent
Honorary Moderator
Organ Grinder

Here After

AfterCrescent
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 10:49:04 PM »

So it's Brilliant Gameologists: The Alcohol Poisoning edition?

The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie
Kai
(rhymes with pie)
Honorary Moderator
Donkey Kong

Don't panic!

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 11:32:02 PM »

I was just throwing out some possibilities. Obviously you'd want to use appropriate rules for the amount of alcohol you wished to consume.

AfterCrescent
Honorary Moderator
Organ Grinder

Here After

AfterCrescent
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »

My way has its merits. Wink

The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  

Jump to: