http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 22, 2014, 10:15:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sode #20: GenCon! (Meta 05)  (Read 8783 times)
Meg
Message Board Extraordinaire
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 11:47:15 PM »

And?  Good? Bad? Indifferent?

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
AfterCrescent
Honorary Moderator
Organ Grinder

Here After

AfterCrescent
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 11:57:14 PM »

Indifferent? That's not the word I want, but it wasn't better or worse. It was kind of hard to tell since most of the 'cast was a review more than anything else.  I think not holding onto a joke for too long has the potential of saving you from a really bad joke that gets too dragged out, but there's also more opportunities for jokes to come out that aren't funny. Neither has happened yet, but I think think there are pros and cons to both. Shrug

The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie
PhoenixInferno
Hong Kong

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 12:06:06 AM »

Some times a tangent can get developed more than intended.  Whether that helps or hurts a particular episode is hard to say.
Cam_Banks
Curious George

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 01:23:43 AM »

I liked this one the best so far.

Some moments were odd—both guys on occasion would talk sotto vocce for one reason or another and I couldn't hear them as clearly. Meg, as always, very easy to hear.

Cheers,
Cam

Managing Editor & Community Manager | Margaret Weis Productions
Kai
(rhymes with pie)
Honorary Moderator
Donkey Kong

Don't panic!

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 02:01:19 AM »

I thought it sounded scripted and unscripted at the same time. The actual dialogue sounded off the cuff, of course, but it sounded like there was at least an outline being followed. It didn't sound vastly different from your normal casts (a good thing).

The cast actually made me kind of sad...you guys obviously had a blast, I just wish we could have been there to have a blast with you.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi
Dragon Snack
Curious George

WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 02:48:50 AM »

I obviously didn't bring my A game.  Only a passing reference at the end of the podcast...

This Gen Con was a bit off for me, but next year will definitely be planned out much better. :monocle

EDIT: I wonder who was big spoon - Zeke or Dragon Snack...but I suppose some things should be left well enough alone...
Why PI, are you jealous? Smirk

So we tried a slightly different technique in recording this one-- goal was to be tighter and not stay on any one joke too long.
I'm kind of a fan of riding a joke to death, but maybe that's just me.  I did notice the change, it almost felt like you had recorded sections at different times (not bad, just different).

Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls
Josh
Brilliant Gameologist
Grape ape

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 03:22:34 AM »

The CD was from me. I had meant to bring one with me that had way more on it, but I forgot. So you got everything I could compile in an hour. (Speaking of which, did you like any of it?)
I love nerdcore, though my less enlightened cohosts throw things at me when I put it on. 

I already had about half the disk and the rest was new to me.  Good stuff. 

Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009
Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 09:30:05 AM »

EDIT: I wonder who was big spoon - Zeke or Dragon Snack...but I suppose some things should be left well enough alone...
Why PI, are you jealous? Smirk

Hey now!  Not everyone is as comfortable with the open homoeroticism that you guys all love so very dearly.

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!
Robert Bohl
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 09:37:01 AM »

Oh man, I didn't know there were penthouse parties! Fuck!

Thanks for the love, guys. And I do mean "guys." I like how the only one who didn't contemplate boning me was the woman. *sigh*

(Srsly, thanks. Let me know if the book is good and if (when you play it (if you play it)) the game is good.)

Meg
Brilliant Gameologist
Man in Gorilla Suit

Are you rapier than me?

NA
WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 09:39:42 AM »

Too funny!  Yeah, when it's people I like actually know or have met or will see again I try to keep my open sexual comments to a minimum.

We played Misspent Youth this past Friday!  Have comments, but overall it went over very well.   

Robert Bohl

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »

Too funny!  Yeah, when it's people I like actually know or have met or will see again I try to keep my open sexual comments to a minimum.

We played Misspent Youth this past Friday!  Have comments, but overall it went over very well.   
Hooray on (nearly) all counts!

I like parentheses, apparently. Though I largely kept them out of the text.

Robert Bohl

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »

doublepost
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:28:01 AM by Robert Bohl » Logged

wO-_-OdrOw
Bi-Curious George

"I do not exist," we faithfully insist.

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »

http://www.dicksbbq.com/

Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to: