http://brilliantgameologists.com
October 25, 2014, 12:12:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com
 
   Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room  (Read 9217 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »

Brett
The snow crunches beneath your feet as you close the distance. You get closer and you can see the twisted features of an emaciated person frozen in a giant block of greenish ice. Its face frozen in a expression of fear, it makes no sound as it glides effortlessly through the snow towards you.
Throwing your trusty Axe with a deadly precision you land a deadly hit right on the torso of the creature. Chunks of ice explode off of its body, your Axe would be buried deep in the ice of the creature. But in a golden flash it materializes back into your grip.
You notice the torso inside the block is still very untouched, and its glide didnt seem to lessen at all.

(( http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/fb_gallery/83552.jpg  thats a example of this monster if you want to take a look at it. K so for initiative we have 1:brett, 2:castren, 3:monster. Jordans turn ))


Castren
"We shall remove this unholy blight from the land. Let this annihilation be swift. I can feel the undead we have been tracking using this to put distance between us."
You hear Brett call to you, and he bravely charges the Icey creature. He strikes hard, throwing his favored Axe deep into the upper torso of the beast. But the creature advances still
(( i posted the initiative order and a link to a pic of the monster in brentons post. but im sure you know what it is already your turn ))

Felisia
After a brisk jog through the valley, then into and through the ruines of lights bastion, you come up over a small ridge and see the old Blood Moon keep. The area here has changed alot since your younger days. The forest seems to have taken the area back. You see nicely kept trails, and statues here and there that are obviously cared for.
Looking around you dont see the old man anywhere in the immediate area. The grounds here are pretty big.. it potentially could take some time to locate him. Its taken you about 30 minutes to get here from the entrance of the valley where you were originally at. The sun is very low in the sky and it will be dark shortly. There is already a small layers of mist forming here and there in the foliage.

(( listen check DC move silent (1d20+14=20) . If you make it you hear super fast foot steps come up behind you, think speedy gonsalez  if you dont make it then this text will startle you even more Smile ))
"HEY!!" *shoulder tap* "can you bring your light over here for a minute?"
((you turn around I assume , to see a human female. She is fair skinned with blond hair and stands about equal to your self. She has a beautifully crafted crimson red cloak on. There appears to be some dirt smeared on her face and she is carrying a metal shuvel))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:41:14 AM by dna1 » Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
bearofsmiting
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 126



Email
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »

A squirrel that had been trailing Felisia in the woods now becomes apparent in the ruins. It squeaks in terror and runs up her kimono, chattering all the way (Listen Roll (1d20=17) + 6 = 23).

Yes, yes, I know Tun-Tun
Felisia says to the excitable creature. The squirrel is strange in appearance, consisting of fair hues of brown, yellow, and orange; it's almost white.

Felisia turns to size-up the newcomer. Felisia is a creature of unparalleled beauty [fey with charisma 26] and almost always gains a gasp or two when she first meets a man, even those who don't like oriental features. Presently she wears nothing more than a pair of geta sandals, her kimono, and a hachimaki [headband] with the same radiant sun symbol as on her incensor. She also bears strange arcane tattoos on her face and arms. Make a spot check (against Disguise Roll (1d20=4) + 18 = 22) to notice the slots and bulges on the back of her kimono where her wings are.

To the women she replies
I'm afraid the faint luster of this metal won't help you when the sun goes down. But what's with the shovel? Was the old caretaker that close to death? I would like to see him if he can stay alive for just a few more hours. I don't like being about at night, and after getting news from him I was hoping to stay in an inn or hostelry if there is one nearby.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:46:37 PM by bearofsmiting » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »

Castren whispers an archaic incantation as he pulls his bowstring back, the arrow crackles as electrical energy joins the fire and ice bestowed by Minerva.

This one sleeps restlessly, let us lay it back into the long dark of death my dear

1d20+11=25, 1d20+11=22

If I hit: the first arrow carries an imbued Shocking Grasp spell, it has no saving throw its just a 'To Hit' roll. The second is just a normal arrow fired via the Rapid Shot feat. I think the monster hasn't noticed me so I should just be able to roll against its flat-footed AC. has it noticed me?

1st arrow: Arrow damage:1d10+4=7 Fire Damage: 1d6=4 Shocking Grasp Damage: 4d6=15 Total: 26

2nd arrow: 1d10+4=5, 1d6=6 total: 11
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:12:37 AM by Calchexxis » Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
CrazyBS
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 131



Email
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:42 PM »

(( I forgot all about the Trip Shot Feat.  I'll make the roll now, but if it's too late I don't mind  I can't believe I forgot! ))

Dexterity Check (+4) vs Opponents Dex or Str Check (1d20+7+4=23)
  × Trip Shot: You may use a thrown weapon to make a trip attempt against
      an opponent further than 5 ft. away. You make a normal attack and if the
      attack succeeds, in addition to doing damage, you make a Dex. check
      with a +4 bonus vs your opponent's Dex or Str check. If you win the
      opposed check, your opponent is tripped. This does not stack with the
      Improved Trip feat.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:58:08 PM by CrazyBS » Logged
einherjar
Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
**
Posts: 121


Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.


« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 01:27:35 AM »

Initiative 7 (4+3). He goes first.
Logged

Till we meet again in Valhalla...
bearofsmiting
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 126



Email
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 01:56:20 AM »

[Hey Jordan, I thought Imbue Arrow only worked for area spells.]
Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 03:49:45 PM »

[You may be right, I thought it was just that you attach a spell to it and it uses the arrow as its range rather than the spells given range though.]
Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
CrazyBS
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 131



Email
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »

(( That would be pretty broken... ))
Logged
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 05:10:20 PM »

Not really, also: moving into OOC chat for this, don't wanna take up space.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:20:32 PM by Calchexxis » Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »

((Zane- if you could please use the roller at www.invisiblecastle.com that would be great! It is totally free and easy to use. After you roll the dice just copy/past the BBC code and it will link the roll like the rest of us are.

Brenton- Hah sorry buddy once the flavor text is in play its already done  Just remember that for next time, it is one of your main strengths  Big Grin))

Aurix
The Dwarf jumps back((5ft step)) and gives a ear piercingly loud whistle and you hear a chorus of wolves start to howl in the nearby forest.
"Iv always wondered what a lizard man tastes like.."
1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=16, 1d10+3=10, 1d10+3=9
He raises his heavy repeating crossbow and lets 2 bolts fly towards you that deflect harmlessly off your armor.
((your action, hes about 15ft away currently. Go ahead and make a listen check to determin how close the wolves you heard are DC-15))


Felisia
spot vs disguise (1d20+8=15)
She looks curiously at you. Shes young, probably around 18. You see she is completely unarmored, her only weapon(aside from the shuvel:P) appears to be a coiled up whip on her belt. She looks to be in fair health, and her cloak is crimson red and seems to shiver and displace slightly as she moves.
She looks at her shuvel.. "The care taker??... Ohhhh *ahaha* Your funny. Nah I havent seen him yet but he always shows up sooner or later. But... why do you want to talk to him? He's boring..." She waits a moment as if to let you speak, but then quickly interrupts you. "You know theres no where to stay out here for the night.. You might as well go treasure hunting with me! You know when the full moons up is supposed to be the only time you can see it Big Grin"


Castren
Your first arrow burries deep into the back of the beast. Sadly your second arrow deflects off a particularly hard shoulder spike. The creatures body contorts strangely as the enchanted arrow slams into its back. It still glides towards your ally menacingly though.


Brett - Castren
Castren arrows strike the beast and it continues fowards towards Brett. The creature still is gliding towards you when suddenly it looks as if it sinks straight into the ground it self, and it dissapears from your view. Seconds later Brett hears the snow crunch behind him, as Castren looks on in horror when the beast glides up and out of the ice behind Brett.
The monster towers over Brett, standing at around 10ft tall. It raises its massive, icey spiked arm and strikes downward on you. You see the giant slab lumbering towards your head and you feel as if the heat is being sucked your from body just being near the beast. A tinge of fear strikes you when you realize just his arm is the mass of your entire body.
((strike,slam,cold (1d20+15=29, 2d6+8=13, 2d6=9) = 22 dmg))
You feel like a wagon just landed on you. Your body is smashed Hard. You hear the sickening crunch of bones as your spine compresses under the weight. Your flung back about 6 feet and go rolling through the snow up onto your feet again. The monster is still emotionless, its face frozen in a rictus of fear.
((your action brenton, then jordan again, then my self. To respond to your individual attacks I will make you your own spoiler, then for my turn I will make one that you both can read))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:07:18 PM by dna1 » Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
Mahote
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 19


Email
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »

[Listen Check 1d20+4]=16

The caretaker begins to make his way towards the back of the ruins, his right hand carefully resting on the the hilt of a sword underneath his robes, his left hand reaching into one of the many pouches of his belt.  His eyebrows are perked up as he is actively looking for something. . . or someone
Ahhhh, she's in early tonight.  No matter.

*Readies an action to remove a sausage laced with oil of taggit from his pouches in the event a howl, or furry medium sized creature suddenly becomes present*
Logged
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »

Archus
As your making your preparations, almost as if you knew what to expect. A small framed wolf sleaks into view. He has brown matted fur. You dont recognize this wolf, you know most of the natural ones in the area. He looks intelligently into your eyes. He limps towards you slightly and you notice his back leg is chewed up pretty badly. He sits formally infront of you about 15ft away and whimpers slightly. You hear 2 or 3 long aggressive howls in the foliage nearby. The wolf looks like its starting to shiver slightly, he nervously eyes you and back towards the foliage.
(( I would like to sepereate spot checks please, 1st DC-15, 2nd DC-25))
Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
Mahote
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 19


Email
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3156422/
1d20+4;1d20+4 ? [1,4] = (5)
1d20+4;1d20+4 ? [1,4] = (5)

Archus quizzically follows the wolf into the forest, quietly calling to it.  Wary of the howls he tightens his grip on the sword.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:16:02 PM by Mahote » Logged
einherjar
Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
**
Posts: 121


Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.


« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 12:50:28 AM »

Listen check 1d20+12=18. I take a free action to initiate holy fury. "RAAUUGGHH!!!" with a roar, I exhale a line of scintillating light. He takes 3d8=8 points of acid damage, reflex save dc 23 for half. I can breathe again in 1d4=1 round. Affter breathing, I move foreward into melee range with this cretin.
P.S. remember that I have a greater crystal of arrow deflection, which gives me +5 ac vs ranged attacks and the ability to deflect arrows. I pity the foo' who attacks me with a crossbow!
Logged

Till we meet again in Valhalla...
CrazyBS
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 131



Email
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 02:57:37 AM »

AAAGGGGHHHH!!! *huff* *huff* That packed one hell of punch.  That was one of Castren's arrows so I'm not in this alone.  Brett re balances his stance and tries to ignore the immense pain that his body his in.    The cold penetrating deeper than it should in his winter gear. Brett looks around quickly to see if there is a escape route where there is less snow on the ground (free action).  Readying himself, he advances toward his foe (5ft Step) and begins his long practiced whirlwind of blades (Full round Action).

1st Attack - Primary Weapon (1d20+14=27)
1st Attack - Secondary Weapon (1d20+17=27)
2nd Attack - Primary Weapon (1d20+9=20)
Logged
bearofsmiting
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 126



Email
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 03:53:11 AM »

"See what? You're a mysterious young girl.  Smile Some of the things most worth seeing are indeed buried in the ground. All the same, there are wolves about, I need news, and you won't like me when it gets dark out. Maybe I can help you tonight, but I first need to see that old man. Won't you help me? (Diplomacy Roll (1d20=14) + 25 = 39)."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:55:06 AM by bearofsmiting » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 05:33:35 AM »

Castren clenches his teeth as he knocks three arrows to his bow.

Time to rest.
Time to rest.

Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2011, 05:37:02 AM »

[[OOC: Shake fist really wishing undead weren't immune to crits, those were some awesome rolls I just wasted... stupid dead things, also for some reason when I ask for three rolls of 1d10+4;1d6 it gives me six rolls of each so I had to do the dice rolls separate, sorry if it confuses.]]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:45:26 AM by Calchexxis » Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 02:34:08 AM »

Brett - Castren

brett
After rolling up onto your feet you manage to fight through the pain and draw your weapons. Cautiously advancing towards the entombed creature you notice its reacting intelligently. It takes up a defensive stance lowering one of its arms out towards you. As you start whirling towards it with your blades drawn it trys to just bat you aside like a small insect.
The first 2 strikes dig deep and huge 2-4 chunks of ice shower around you, with your 3rd strike it manages to deflect most of the force away.

castren
Your 3 arrows fly within a foot of Bretts head, but your aim is superb. All 3 strike true and they dig deep into the Entombed's chest. One of the arrows actually manages to pierce the corpse inside. Although the beast makes no sound it is obviously pretty wounded. Its right arm has almost been shattered completely by Brett, and now huge chunks of ice have shattered off of his torso.

((my action: Slam-dmg/cold))
 The beast reels back from the combined attacks it recieved in the last few seconds. It hunches over slightly, it looks as if its scanning the tree line for the archer. spot check (1d20+21=30) A moment later the entombed turns its gaze back to Brett and lashes out with whats left of its right arm 1d20+15=33, 2d6+8=15, 2d6=7 = 22 totall dmg. Brett it smacks hard into your lower abdomen. You cant help but cough up blood as you tumble back through the snow. ((please make a reflex save vs dmg dealt or be knocked prone))
The Entombed sinks back into the frozen lake, dissappearing completely from sight. Leaving only the wind in your ears, you hear nothing below the ice.

((your turns))




Aurix
reflex vs DC-23 (1d20+8=18) He screams as he gets covered in your breath weapon. He jumps into the bush next to him trying to rub it off. He comes about half way out of the bush with his repeater x-box drawn and lets 2 more shots fly towards you. 1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=17 You smack them out of the air effortlessly, and you notice the hunters face scrunch up in anger as he see's this.
You can tell from the wolves that they are atleast afew hundred feet away. ((your turn))


Archus
You follow the wolf into the forrest. He is limping along in front of you, every few steps he whines very quietly. You see his back leg looks like a arrow or something was shot through it. He leads you through the forest away from the ruins of bloodmoon keep. All togather you follow him for about a half mile, as you get closer to where ever he is taking you the sounds of wolves can be heard. As you are getting closer to the sound you hear aggressive growls and frieghtened yips. Your skin starts to crawl as you aproach. You havent felt the presence of undead for quiet some time. But your paladin sense is definately picking up the familiar twinge that you fell when ever you get close enough to a undead.
Eventually he leads you up over a hill and into a clearing. You gaze upon a horrible sight. There is a huge mound of dirt below you, to one side you see 4 wolves. One is a natural wolf that you recognize from the area, the other 3 must be some were's or something. You are very familiar with the wolves that live near the ruins and neither the one your following, or those other 3 are from here.
On the other side of the mound you see what looks like a excavation line. You see a line of skeletons passing buckets into and out of the mound. There is a sloped ramp that leads into what looks like a cave they are digging.((think of a skeleton production line dumping dirt at the outside)) Out near the very front of what would be the sloping ramp, are 3 skeleton archers. They stand there motionless, weapons drawn. You see silver arrow heads gleaming in the moonlight.
The wolf you have been follow limps down the hill and yips. The other wolves look up and notice you, the one your familiar with, a huge black wolf with a white patch on his chest, gives two loud throaty barks over at you. It then lowers its head towards the mound and growls. The others stand in anticipation, they look like they are ready to charge over at the undead pit.((your action))


Felisia
((what do i roll vs diplomancy? not like i can make it you damn diplomancer ))
She smiles at you, gazing deep into your eyes for a moment Cloud 9 . Suddenly she snaps back from what ever day dream she was thinking of. "The entrance to the va... ummm. Ac..tually. Im not really supposed to talk about it. Anyways... umm. Are you friends with the old guy or something? I.. could take you to him but he ...ahhhh, doesnt really like it when I come here. He's pretty mean actually. "
She steps around to your side and walks backwards afew feet slowly, waiting for you to start following her.((your turn))[/spolier]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:36:51 AM by dna1 » Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
CrazyBS
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 131



Email
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 03:40:24 AM »

*cough* *uuuggghhnn* Brett collaspes from the the impact and after making an attempt to stand buckles over coughing blood (Reflex Save vs Dmg DC-22 1d20+13=19).

Castren!  Thank Correllon you were there. (Correllon's Blessing 2 HP Heal) That beast would have made short work of me.

Brett equips his axe(free action) and stays prone(+4 AC).  He scans the ice and surrounding area holding his weapons defensively(+4 AC) (( Total AC boost +8 total for a total of 30 ))

Brett yells over to Castren that this is likely a long dead shaman that fell into the river.  

Our quarry knew exactly where they were leading us.  The locals stay away from this area, we need to get out of here.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:56:56 AM by CrazyBS » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!