http://brilliantgameologists.com
December 21, 2014, 10:22:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here www.minmaxboards.com
 
   Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloodmoon Legacy: Wolves in the Throne room  (Read 9655 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:50:21 AM »

This is the game thread. I will start the official opening post once we have the characters made.
Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:57:22 PM »

Alittle bit about Kartakas
The Domain
Cultural Level: Medieval (7)
Ecology: Full
Climate/Terrain: Temperate forest and hill
Population: 35,000 roughly
Major Settlements: Harmonia (pop. 13,500), Skald (pop. 22,800).
Races: Humans 98%, half-elves 1%, other 1%
Religions: Standard, also the "Heroes of Light"
Government: Meritocratic independent settlements
Ruler: None; freed from the Dark Lords, the people of Kartakas let the Heroes create a council which rules the domain.

Located in the south-central Core, Kartakas is a land of music where joyful song echoes through the black forests, tinged ever so slightly by a tone of fear. It is a domain of dense woodlands blanketing a region of rocky upland terrain southwest of the Balinok Mountains. The forests are wild and treacherous here, from the thorny undergrowth to the fierce wolves that stalk the wooded ridges. The Musarde River's headwaters lie in Kartakas, and here the mighty waterway is clear and sparkling, pooling into serene ponds and lakes on its way to the valleys of Sithicus. The wilderness is far from lonely, however, as it is common for travellers to feel as if they are being stalked.

The domain is riddled with spectacular natural caverns, endlessly branching labyrinths of limestone that wind deep into the cold earth. The brush is dense, the ground is rocky, and the way through the trees is twisted. When straying from a road or clearing, riders on horseback barely move faster than a man on foot. As daylight begins to wane, silvery fog rises from the ground, settling in low places and making travel through the forests all the more dangerous. When fog sets in, riding off-trail becomes impossible; riders must lead their mounts, while clearing the branches aside with an outstretched hand. Kartakas's climate is generally moderate, but harsh winters sometimes strike the domain.

Buildings in Kartakas are massive log lodges with broad facades and towering thatch roofs. Rows of narrow windows, bold wooden carvings, and delicate floral patterns grace the fronts of homes and shops. Most structures feature enormous central fireplaces ringed by a raised dais for musical performances and storytelling. Natural surroundings are frequently incorporated directly into the domain's architecture. Living trees may be employed as natural pillars, or a structure may open up directly into a cavern of glittering crystal. Even the humblest settlements feature public amphitheaters for annual singing contests.
Kartakass is a heavily forested domain with very few settlements in the rugged foothills of the Balinoks. The hills are riddled with caverns, both small and large.

Locations
*The town of Skald, near the center of Kartakas, is home to nearly twenty-two thousand people. The place is known for its sheep, which have particularly fine wool. The houses are almost all one story, with wooden frames and steep, densely thatchedroofs. The homes have many small, arched windows, each with heavy, blue or green shutters that can be locked and barred from inside.

*The village of Harmonia, in the south, shelters about thirteen thousand people. They claim to have the finest singing voices in Ravenloft, and only the people of Skald dispute this. Harmonian architecture matches the description above, but the houses are larger. Villagers harbor livestock under their own roofs, in separate quarters at the rear of the house. Despite such precautions, their animals still fall prey to foxes and wolves. The wolves in Kartakas are unusually bold. They often wander the streets of the towns at night, and they can breach any gate not securely fastened.

*Bloodmoon Keep - Originally built by a elder Vampire, who was later defeated by the Group of Heroes. Known to many as the first glimpse of light to emerge from the Dread Realm. After slaying the ancient blood sucker, the heroes decided to turn the keep into a base of operations. This keep is where the Legacy began. It was so different from the rest of the Realm that word quickly spread. Soon masses from all over would travel to Kartakas, in hopes of being watched over by these Heroes. For along time everything was peacefull. But all good things end to quickly in the Dread Domain. When the heroes had gone, a great tragedy happened, and many people were massacred.
Now people come from all over the Realm to pay respects. The keep is nothing more than a Shrine. Some say that the heroes are actually burried there. But the care takers quickly put an end to anything other than respect and praise.

*Lights Bastion - This small collection of buildings is whats left of what was once a good sized city, built in the shadows of Bloodmoon Keep, this was a safe Haven for many people. Considered to be the safest place in all the Realm. However when the Heroes left to cleanse the world, lights bastion quickly fell to Darkness and the Wolves. Now what remains is afew old ruined buildings. Some brave souls still occupy this area. Tending whats left of the Holy Keep.

The People
The people of Kartakas love nothing more than a good story. Most can spin yarns easily, due to years of practice. As the wolves prowl outside at night, families gather at the hearth to exchange tall tales called feeshkas (meaning "little lies"). These tales are a Kartakan tradition meant to teach lessons and play on the gullibility of listeners. A visitor who asks a Kartakan a simple question is likely to hear a believable tall tale that sends him on a wild goose chase. The natives try the same tricks on each other and are good natured about being the victims of such a ruse. No one, however, deliberately sends a friend on a chase that may very well strand him in the wilderness at night.

Kartakans are content and thankful for the simple pleasures of life. They respect tradition, wisdom, and musical skill above all else. They fear little but the vicious wolves that stalk the domain, creatures that have been known to enter homes at night and drag slumbering victims from their beds. Legends speak of a time when the wolves disguised themselves as men(wolf-weres), tricking unfortunate souls just long enough to leap on and devour them.

Kartakas is a domain plagued by wolves, which play important roles in their stories. They also revere stories and songs of all kinds, and the domain is quite unusual in that it is ruled by bards(in the past). Kartakans are known for their love of music, and their flamboyant tendencies. While the politics and society may be quite appealing to players, keep in mind that Kartakass is a domain under siege by monsters, most notably wolfweres – wolves that can take human form (as opposed to werewolves, who start out human, and still possess human qualities, like conscience, and make up the bulk of the population). Every year, prominent citizens are discovered to be one of these bloodthirsty monsters.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:45:34 PM by dna1 » Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:58:30 PM »

Very brief back story
k so the Heroes were all brought in to RL from the mist. they found luc. and after a long run eventually defeated knollan, who was tied to the mists some how. and luc became what was like a dark lord. except good, so he was called a light lord.
now luc and knollan were originally one being, and what would be like the god that created the plane of ravenloft.
so in my game now, all the heroes have gone. and luc has disappeared. its 150 years since luc and them left. just within the past few years its gotten back to how it was, the mists rule once again.

Some NPC's of note in the area
The Lady Scavenger - A very well known theif in the land. Often known to bother the grounds keepers at the Bloodmoon shrine.
The Council - 6 individuals of influence in the area.
Medicine Paw - the tradition name for the Alpha of Harmonia
Moonbane - the traditional name of the Alpha of Skald
Spindlewine - a strange old Gnome, crippled from the waiste down. The owner of the only magic shop in Kartakas. one of a handfull in the entire realm
Shadow with the Burning Eyes - said to be a demon of the forest. some what of a boogey man figure
The Hunter - A ancient dwarf that stalks the forests in the south. at one time he was imprisoned in a gem by the heroes. but has now been seen again

Minor Locations
Radiant Grove (courtesy of josh)
   In the woods south of the Musarde River there is a meadow of absolute beauty and peace. This was the meeting place of Holimion and the Being of Light and it is one of the few places important to the Holimion Kelir. While the fey of this house as of any other unseelie house are not particularly ordered, they do centralize in the forest around this meadow. A few ceremonies and many festivals are celebrated here, both in moonlight and in sunlight. Most importantly, the Rite of Passage for the priests of the Children of Light is taken here. These priests are the protectors of the family and are the main agents of what Holimion believed to be the will of the Being of Light. They tend to the natural beauty of the forest, heal and protect travelers, and secure the border with Hazlan. They go even as far as to send spies into Hazlan, but only in times of great unrest. The Holimion fey are somewhat isolated from the rest of Kartakass, though their healing abilities are renowned throughout Kartakass and sometimes attracts disease-stricken travelers from very distant parts. Occasionally, Holimion fey will make pilgrimages to Bloodmoon Keep, but most understand their own worship of the Being of Light to be a different and individual experience from that found at Bloodmoon Keep. Under other circumstances, the more adventurous fey might have traveled to Faerie, but with relations destroyed by Holimion, such an adventure would be suicidal. With this separation from their normal kin, Holimion fey find it more necessary to uphold good relations with outsiders and sustain a thriving community. Within about five-hundred yards of the border of the meadow some twenty houses are nestled in the bows of the trees. It is nearly impossible for non-fey to notice the houses if the residents don't want to be seen. But when they are left alone, as usual, the Holimion fey often commune with one another walking from branch to branch or on the forest floor. There are no smithies in the Radiant Grove. There is, however, an inn and shop which sells magic items, mostly those things acquired from travelers. The meadow at the center of the grove serves as the closest alternative to a church. The priests of the Holimions are greatly revered but there are few customs surrounding them. There is a Rite of Passage where the initiate receives a headband identifying his priesthood. What few vows are taken are strictly followed.

Cliffside Temple
   An old withered Temple in the North East mountain range of Kartakas. Built into the cliff itself this structure is currently inhabited by human monks. No one knows who built the temple. When it was first discovered Goblins had been living there.  Although the monks in the area have been known to rescue travellers on occasion, the area is very dangerous. Frost Giants are common in the snowy peaks. Most natives in the Domain dont even know the Temple exists. Those that are aware of its location say that its suicide to go there.


Ice Forest
   The North Western region of Kartakas, boardering Sithicus the elf nation, is commonly reffered to as the Ice Forest. This is because the forest has been in a 100 year long winter. These ancient forests have many legends and tales about them. There has been countless battles, demons, and all kinds of creatures in the darkness. Ruins of ancient villages can still be found in the ice. Long ago armies of undead from Sithicus marched thrue these forests. Now a boogey man known to have burning eyes haunt these lands. Afew vigilent souls still guard this area. And some parts of the forest are still used for rights of passage by the young were wolf hunters.



The Old Kartakan Inn
   A famous inn built under a waterfall. Located in Skald, and residence of the Alpha known as MoonBane. This is where the Council meets to make its decisions. It has been decades since the council has met. But this is considered to be one of the safest and most secured buildings in the entire Domain.

minor locations added
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:27:42 PM by dna1 » Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:51:52 AM »

K just thought I would post everyones character names and the speech color... along with real names. That way its easier to keep track of whos who
Still waiting on Johnnys character. Also him and Zane need to pick a text color.

Tyson: the one true emporer  Big Grin  - Green
David: Archus - Purple
Jordan: Castren - Brown
Brenton: Brett - Teal
Josh: Felisia - Blue
Zane: Aurix - TBA
Johnny: Mil'miri - TBA

Reserved for game start
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:26:25 PM by dna1 » Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:41:04 AM »

K guys officially starting. My speach text will be in green as i said before. My story telling and average DM stuff will be in plain ol text. and all of my out of character stuff will be in (( these ))
Feel free to read everyones parts so we all know whats going on. Im starting you seperate but you will meet up very soon.
Try to post as frequently as possible  Big Grin I know we are all busy so no pressure dudes. This is just for some fun after all  Wink

I encourage RPing between each other as well Big Grin but I doubt I need to give any of you that speach haha

Archus
Living at the old shrine is something most people would consider to be crazy.... But you have your reasons. You know about the artifacts locked deep in the ground here. Magic so powerfull that it frequently draws unwanted attention.
Every Fullmoon the "Lady Scavenger" comes snooping around the temple grounds. She has been searching for something methodically. She has been coming here for about 2 years, so you are pretty familiar with her. You have had to remove her by force many times. She is dangerous, but generally does not seem to want to harm you.
Four days ago afew young warriors from a pack in the Ice Forests visited the shrine. They told you of strange earthquakes and a green cloud in the mountains there. Apparently small bands of undead have been showing up in the forests, seemingly from no where. Elves from Sithicus have been travelling into the mountain range and never returning.
This brings you to tonight. Its spring, the sky is clear and it has been a comfortable summer. The breeze is warm, your outside the grounds keepers shack prepairing for what is likely to be a long night. Its the night of the FullMoon.

((Go ahead and make a spot check to notice a figure(Felisia) in the distance. DC-15))

Felisia
The journey has been long. After many battles and sleepless nights your finally nearing the shrine. You have just come over a ridge to see the ruins of Lights Bastion, you see the silhouette of towers from the holy shrine.
This area of the land feels different. It feels like your home in the grove... safe, comforting. But at the same time you can sense the darkness from the horizon seeping into the land.
Now that your here you can pay your respects to the heroes. And possibly dig up some information on your brother

((Spot check to notice a figure(Archus) in the ruins DC-20))

Castren - Brett
((Jordan and Brenton you guys are starting togather. Your both elf so thats nice Smile we will say you have been working with each other for about 6 months.  You are both part of a "pack" of protectors in the forest. While you only work directly with each other, you have many allies in the woods.))

Both of you-
Living in the Ice Forests is a harsh life. It has been winter here for nearly 100 years. For some reason this area of the domain is wild with magic. There has been many ancient battles here. It is very common for undead to seemingly appear out of no where. And your kin, the Elves of Sithicus have become strangers. Once strong allies to the heroes and people of Kartakas, lately they have started hunting your forests. But worse yet, it seems they are some how connected to the undead.
In the past two months there has been strange earthquakes in the mountain range to the north of the Forests. A strange green cloud is rumored to be abducting young were wolfs of the area.
This brings us to where we are currently. Its spring, mid-day and freezing Smile
You both have been tracking a pack of undead to the Southern Edge of the forest. These undead have been acting strangely intelligent, and seem to be gaining numbers as they move. You have been chasing this particular group for about a week, and are actually about 1 days travel from the edge of the Ice Forests.

Castren-
Youve been having strange dreams lately of the BloodMoon Shrine. You have been seeing Jaspiris in your dreams there.. His eyes burning from in the darkness.

This brings us to where we are currently. You have Brett are split up. Right now you are looking over the corpses that Minerva made short work of. You recognize some of them to be afew teens from a small den of were-wolves. They are probly about 14-ish.. there is 5 corpses in all, you recognize the 2 of them.
While looking over the scene you hear a scream, or possibly a howl to the south, the direction Brett went.

((make a search check DC-20))


Brett-
You split off from Castren. These undead are dividing you up.. But you still managed to make short work of them with your throwing axe. You chased them for about 3 miles when they ambushed you in a snow field.
Now you in some what of a circle of blood and gore...
Your wiping the blade off and you hear a hair raising scream/howl in the forest to the south, which would be to your left.
((please make a spot check dc-17, also go ahead and make a listen check dc-20))

Aurix
Months ago a visitor came to see SpindleWine in the middle of the night. His timing was impecable because at the time you were in the forests gathering a rare flower that blooms under the full moon. A battle ensued, your not sure what happened exactly. You do know that Spindewines troll, Sniffles is gone. Every time you bring him up Spindle breaks down and crys and that the shop was torn up pretty bad. Since then Spindle has been working day and night brewing a special potion.
What Spindlewine tells you is that he is in a battle with evil. This evil can take any form, you will know it because it has eyes that burn like embers. This Fiend possessed Sniffles and retreated to the darkness. He needs you to go and find out what you can about this figure with the burning eyes. Spindlewine instructs you to seek the keeper at the blood shrine. He is a wise old man, and many strange things happen in that area.
That brings us to our current setting. Its spring, in the evening. Its a warm night and your some what tired from travelling for the last few days. You are about 6 hours travel from the shrine. Your sitting next to a cool stream taking a drink, when you feel something watching you.
((go ahead and make a spot check DC-15, and a listen check DC-15))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:12:07 AM by dna1 » Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
einherjar
Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
**
Posts: 121


Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.


« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:56:48 PM »

I got a total of 31 (20+11) on the spot check and 24 (12+12) on my listen check. I hoist Breaker (my hammer) into a ready position and call out, "Be ye friend or foe, come forth, and receive greetings or destruction!"

As you no doubt guessed, I will be speaking in red.
Logged

Till we meet again in Valhalla...
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 11:27:08 PM »

Castren raises Minerva, nocking an arrow against the well-worn wood of the bow.

1d20+1=12

Silently he takes to the nearby tree's to get a broader view.

Move Silently: 1d20+9=17
Climb: 1d20+5=15
Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
CrazyBS
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 131



Email
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 11:37:23 PM »

Instinct takes over (Spot Check 1d20+14=22 vs DC-17) (Listen Check 1d20+14=32 vs DC-20) and he conceals himself nearby while assessing the situation (Hide Check 1d20+12=15) ... poorly.
What was that? (Thought format! not speech!)
Logged
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 12:22:40 AM »

Aurix
"Ahhh your senses are keen... The storys about you must be some what true. I must confess, what I have heard about you doesnt do your ugly appearence justice." A small silhouette slinks out from behind a tree in the distance. You see a dwarf, in a old tattered green cloak. He has a rugged bushy, red beard. The cowl of his cloak drawn low over his face. He appears to have a repeating crossbow held low, down on his left side.
"I will give you a chance to buy safe passage thru My woods. Make me an offer... He gives a short throaty growl and slowly shifts his stance to a more aggresive posture, bearing his crossbow out openly now.
((go ahead and make a knowledge check DC-15, and also a spot check same DC))


Brett
Lightning fast you dive over into some of the snow. Unfortunately as I said in the previous post you were in a snow field, so there isnt any trees within 70 or so feet. Looking up over the bank to the forest line you see, A thick shell of clear green-tinged ice completely encases a desiccated human corpse, its yellowed teeth bared in a rictus of death. The huge mantle of icy armor makes this fearsome apparition the size of an ogre.
This icy creature appears to be bear hugging a elf that must of been waiting to ambush you in the forest line. You notice that the elf is being completely incased in ice. Almost like he is freezing from the inside out, a layer of frost is building on his skin. The creature drops the frozen corpse of the elf and turns to face you. Slowly it starts to glide towards you.
((go ahead and make two knowledge local checks, one is for your location, DC-10. one is for the monster DC-20))


Castren
You make your way into the tree line, sneaking along. Minerva telepathically informs you of the situation.
"I can sense a very powerfull undead further ahead of us.. It has a evil taint that feels ancient, and deadly. Be carefull"
You dont actually see anything as of yet, but as you continue south the trees are becoming alittle more sparse, and as your approaching the edge of the Ice Forests the snow levels are going down. This area of the icelands is perfect for hunting.
((go ahead and make a spot dc-20, and a knowledge local dc-20))


also guys for any posts that are going to be pretty long go ahead and use a spoiler. none have been really needed for you guys yet, but you might in the future 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:27:05 AM by dna1 » Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 12:45:28 AM »

Castren allows his eyes to dilate and focus, peering outwards

1d20+8=20 vs DC 20

I feel it too, I see something...
Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
CrazyBS
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 131



Email
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 12:46:13 AM »


Brett
Lightning fast you dive over into some of the snow. Unfortunately as I said in the previous post you were in a snow field, so there isnt any trees within 70 or so feet. Looking up over the bank to the forest line you see, A thick shell of clear green-tinged ice completely encases a desiccated human corpse, its yellowed teeth bared in a rictus of death. The huge mantle of icy armor makes this fearsome apparition the size of an ogre.
This icy creature appears to be bear hugging a elf that must of been waiting to ambush you in the forest line. You notice that the elf is being completely incased in ice. Almost like he is freezing from the inside out, a layer of frost is building on his skin. The creature drops the frozen corpse of the elf and turns to face you. Slowly it starts to glide towards you.
((go ahead and make two knowledge local checks, one is for your location, DC-10. one is for the monster DC-20))


It's awfully cold...let me see, I'm near (Knowledge Check(location) DC-10 1d20+8=12) and I'm pretty sure that's a (Knowledge Check(monster) DC-20 1d20+8=25)
Logged
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 12:51:18 AM »

OOC: Hey tyson, did you ever send that class for jaspris? E-mail is jalopez876@gmail.com
Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
einherjar
Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
**
Posts: 121


Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.


« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 01:03:37 AM »

Spot check 20 (9+11). What kind of knowledge check? The only knowledge I have is the planes, which I doubt applies to dwarven bandits, so I guess I fail with a 12 (12+0) unless it actually was the planes in which case it would be 16 (12+4). I will however, make an intimidate check of 24 (20+4). "You dare threaten a true son of Bahamut?!? I should crush thee for thy arrogance! Flee hence, wretch, lest ye taste of my wrath!" Shake fist
Logged

Till we meet again in Valhalla...
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 01:49:55 AM »

((jordan i just sent it to you, my email is shrilt@yahoo.com so expect that.
i will continue the story tomorrow, im bout to head into work for the night  Mad

ttyl guys))
Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
bearofsmiting
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 126



Email
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »

Felisia, tired and ready for rest, sees Lights Bastion nearing. She remembered seeing it once in her childhood, but the cheerfulness that she once felt is now mixed with sadness. She had forgotten about the shrine's keeper, but notices him now as she approaches (Spot Roll (1d20=19) + 6 = 25).

[While waiting for the game start, some minor modifications have been made to Felisia, but nothing that will affect flavor.]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:59:57 AM by bearofsmiting » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
Mahote
Ring-Tailed Lemur
**
Posts: 19


Email
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 11:42:52 PM »

[Spot Check 1d20+4]=12
The old caretaker of the shrine strolls slowly through the grounds, lantern in hand stopping here and there to kick rocks off the paths or to brush vines off stone monuments.
*grumbles something under his breath*
Logged
dna1
Moderator
Hong Kong
*
Posts: 1131


Im not albino Im just from Alaska


Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »

Archus
As you thoughtfully tend to the grounds and slowly make your way through the site, you make your way to some of the less travelled areas near the other side of the ruines. This is the area that usually has trouble stirred up with the full moons. Tonight should be like clockwork, the lady scavenger usually shows up about an hour after sun down. So that gives you about 2 hours to prepare. Most of the time you have to remove the lady by force. She frequently tries to dig up this area.
((Make a listen check dc-20))


Felisia
The figure slowly makes his way out of your sight, further into the ruines towards the keep. Its to far for you to notice any details of the figure really. You do see it appear to be cleaning up alittle bit. A closer look of the ruines shows no other signs of people here. Its about 2 hours until sun down, its the night of the full moon. You can feel the natural energys in the land slowly strengthening as the night draws near. As you hear an ominous pack of wolves howling deep in the forest, a cold breeze blows in from the north. It almost looks like the mists in the northern area of the forest far in the horizon, have a greenish tint to them.
((knowledge local or knowledge arcana dc-20))

Aurix
The dwarf takes afew steps back. "Haha! Thats the spirit.."
1d20+4=20  ((roll for initiative))


Brett
You seem to recall storys that some of the werewolves tell of a certain river thats frozen over. They say its haunted by the spirit of a powerfull shaman that fell through the ice and drowned there. Its known to avoid the river because the monster is fearsome. Your not really sure where that river is.. but you think youve stumbled across it.
The icey monster is slowly gliding towards you. Making no sound at all, the elf it killed is mostly covered in ice.. laying in the snow.
(( initative check )) 1d20=12

Castren
((you made the spot but didnt give me the knowledge local, go ahead and make the roll for that and if you succeed i posted the info in brentons already. also initiative check please.))
You peer deep through the forest and see in a clearing a ice covered creature gliding towards brett, who is about 50 further south. You also see several dead bodies in between them, apparently done in by brett, and one ice covered corpse behind the entombed.
1d20=12
Logged

Slappin ho's like E-Honda
bearofsmiting
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 126



Email
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 02:09:51 AM »

Oh damn, he's gone around to the other side. I do hate meeting people at night. And I don't like the sound of those wolves.

With a flick of her wrist, an incensor appears in her hand from within the long sleeves of her elaborately beautiful kimono. It is already smoldering. Made of a luminous metal, the incensor has an intricately wrought symbol of the sun as its most prominent feature.

I wonder what those light are... (Knowledge (arcana) Roll (1d20=9)) Well, with any luck, I can meet this man and learn what I need to before the sun goes down.

She quickens her pace to a jog to intercept the man.
Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
CrazyBS
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 131



Email
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 02:54:42 AM »

Looks like I'm going to have to fight this thing after all.

(( Hidden for space ))
Initiative Check (1d20+7=27)

Brett stands at the ready sizing up his foe.

Castren! I could use your help!

(( If I go first: ))
Brett jogs towards his enemy head on.  (( I'm assuming 50ft distance between us )).  Striding 30ft forward (move action), Brett elegantly spins his ancient axe at the icy monstrosity. (( Because I'm using a move action, I'll only get the one attack according to my research ))

Attack Roll (1d20+20=26)
(( If a hit: ))

(( If I am more than 50ft distance, like 70ft ))
Drawing his swords (free action), Brett jogs towards his enemy and stands 10ft in front of him (double move action) preparing for battle.


« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:57:05 AM by CrazyBS » Logged
Calchexxis
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
***
Posts: 210



Email
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 03:10:56 AM »

((Don't have knowledge local, and knowledge checks can't be made untrained so I couldn't roll it.))

Castren braces himself against the tree, noting his prey.

More empty graves to fill Minerva... Fly true

1d20+4=22 on Initiative
Logged

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!